Natalie asked, "What's a new year?"
Eunice asked, "What's going to happen tomorrow?"
Cuteness.
Both our girls have grown a lot in this year. And thankfully, both of them are adapting very very well in this new place. No wonder many said children adapt real fast - and it's so true. Eunice now has picked up all the aussie slang, and also picking up the outspoken traits learnt from kinder & childcare. She is less shy now comparing to when she was in Penang - she would tell the cashier what she wanted, and she would greet our neighbors. She's more courageous to try new things now - and she could play most of the playground hurdles now (when we first came she probably would just stick to slide & swing :P)... And she can talk 15-20 minutes BY herself TO herself! Hope that's not a bad thing. :). And you know what, EG and I have been telling each other that she's grown up so much that "cute" is not the right word to describe her anymore!
For Natalie, she grows so fast that I hope time can slow down a bit. When we arrived, she could just baby talked but now, after 3 months, she started to talk 2-3 words, even my aunt who talked to her after 2-3 weeks also got a shock that Natalie could answer her question on the phone. After going to childcare for 5 months, now she can talk a whole long sentence, and I can now have a decent conversation with her. Her speech development is amazing, even the child care carers told me that she can talk really really well, comparing to some of the children at her age. I gave the credit to her sister, Eunice. Eunice has been Natalie's most faithful play mate ever since we moved here. And I guess putting two of them in the same room helps too. There're times when they'd close their room door and play inside, they said it's their castle and we couldn't go in - which we happily obliged to have some time for ourselves. :P
Life here is so busy that I have to ask the girls to play by themselves most of the time. They fought, quarreled, and argued quite a bit in the beginning, but today, I paid extra attention to them as they were playing together, they could play really really well and they could leave me alone at a corner having a break. They played pretend play together for almost an hour - setting up a Christmas concert & lunch. They can have very good conversation between them and they can really communicate very well now.
We are very happy to see both the sisters now are very close. They look out for each other (though sometimes still fight & quarrel), and truly love each other (when we threaten to leave one at home because naughty, the other will always says no!).
2014 has been a great year for my girls - a new place, new school, new home, new room, new friends, lots of parks & plays, playdates, dress up, church activities, toys, animals, etc - so much fun for them! I am pretty sure that they enjoyed their 2014 a lot, much more than the parents.
Next year, 2015, Eunice will be going to primary school nearby, and Nat will be "promoted" from toddler's room to pre-kinder room in childcare. Can't believe that they have grown up so big now.
| Both my girls in March, 2014 |
| Both my girls 9 mths later in Dec, 2014. They look so grown up, is it because of the hairstyle? |
Finally, I thought I should post this video in my blog as remembrance. I was warned not to post in Facebook though I really want to! :D... The father was having a good time imitating how the Elmo danced in Sesame Street together with the girls. They do this almost every morning (it's holiday now :P) and the girls normally laugh at him because they said he didn't do it correctly. That's why I so love holiday!
Happy new year from my two lovely girls to all of you. Thank you for your love for them. They truly love all the attention that they have. :).



No comments:
Post a Comment