Eunice has not been feeling well last week, I noticed. She had fever on and off. Having fever is never a good sign. It was low grade about 38.5 degrees and after paracetamol, it went down. Besides, she's eating very little. And at times, she won't eat at all. After a mouth she'll be crying with tears & mucus full of her face. Oh, she has running nose too.
We still sent her to babysitter. When I checked if she's alright on the day, babysitter told me she vomitted after the milk feed and rejected all solid. So, EG and I decided to bring her to hospital for a check in late evening.
During the check, Dr Hwang said she has throat infection. Her throat was red. So, she had to go on antibiotics.
ANTIOBIOTICS!
That word sounds illegal to me. Immediately I asked Dr Hwang why she needs to be on antiobiotics. She looked at me straight, explaining that antibiotics is good for babies as long as it's not abused, and added that "..for some cases, if you don't give antibiotics, babies can die u know...".
Ah... I told EG, after breastfeeding for so hard, Eunice still has to go on antibotics! :(
So, Eunice at 11 months 3 weeks had her very first antibiotics in her life. She has to go on antibiotics for 5 days and today is the 4th day. She's been much better now, though still don't want to eat porridge. But at least, she'll be well enough to attend her first birthday party this weekend! Yay!!
I guess my girl has grown up, and I shouldn't worry so much about her going on medication.
And I should now let her build up her own immunity.
Friday, February 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment