Actually, very true.
Same as other years, as usual, we made the girls go in bed by 9pm. This year, I told Eunice, today is the last day of 2015, and tomorrow it'll be 1st day of 2016. She stared at me with her big eyes, and said, "Oh yea I am going to go Year 1 and I am turning 6 years old soon!"
So different from what she said last year.
Eunice is turning 6yo in another 2.5 months, and Natalie is 3y4m now. I now truly understand the quote - Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there. There are many times when the girls will laugh their heads off together, playing crazily together, or even quarrel or fight but later laugh together again. We have successfully made Natalie sleep in her own bed for almost 2 months now - and there are many mornings when I woke up by their laughters from their room. It's probably the best noise on earth to wake up to! Everytime when I hear that, I just couldn't help by feeling thankful for their sisterhood.
Our girls have adjusted so well here now. They both speak exactly like an Aussie, and at times Eunice will correct our pronunciation. We're also learning the Aussie way to talk from Eunice everyday. For Nat, she doesn't have "lah" or "meh" or etc in her speech AT ALL. She speaks perfect english - for a 3yo - in my opinion :P.. Besides speech, they also pick up all the Aussie ways of living (for kids) - they love outdoor, love picnic, love gardening, love flowers & plants, love birds, love dogs or cats, love the sun, love beaches, love markets (but hate shopping -__-) and etc.
2015 has been a great year for both of them. Eunice enjoyed herself LOTS in her prep/foundation year in her school - making many new friends, learning to read/write, developed her interest in art, etc, and Natalie also enjoyed herself in Eunice's school and her new childcare - building new friendship, and learning life skills - like gargling = singing with your mouth closed (that's really cute!).
Finally, happy new year to all of you from my two lovely girls. Here are some recent photos of them. Hoping 2016 will be a great year filled with joy and peace for all of you!
| Aug 2015 |
| Pic taken to remember Nat's baby bed before upgrading to single bed |
| Trip to city to see the tallest Lego Christmas tree in Southern Hemisphere |
| Trip to Mills Beach @ Mornington - buidling sandcastle |


No comments:
Post a Comment