... Our Wonderful Journey to Parenthood ...


Wednesday, August 28, 2013

World Breastfeeding Week

I am a breastfeeding mum, yup, still am. So, anything related to breastfeeding will somehow gets my attention.

August, or somewhere in August, it's World Breastfeeding Week (WBW). There will be a lot of writeups regarding breastfeeding in most of the parenting or baby magazines, and lots of posting regarding breastfeeding in parenthood or baby forums, and websites. It's quite hard to miss it actually.

So, about me. I "celebrated" WBW during Eunice's time, and now, I celebrate it again. Breastfeeding looks never ending to me. Hahaha! At least for now.

I breastfed Nat for 1 year already. *Grin*. Previous experience with Eunice definitely helps me a lot. But she's a different baby comparing to her sister - she is not as addicted to my boobs as much as her sister. There are times when I need to force feed her, and she often just latches for 2-5 mins just to satisfy her hunger, and she continues to her own exploration.

I used to pump 3 times a day. Morning 535-545am when I wake up, 1030am  & 430pm in office. I used to over supply since my baby doesn't like to drink much. Eunice has been clearing my stock for me. Even so, I still have my freezer full of milk and had to buy a chest freezer to keep my 80-100 bottles of precious milk. Ever since Nat turns 1yo, I cut my morning pump but continue to pump two times in office.

Friends in mother's room asked me how long do I plan to pump? I seem to be there forever LOL! I don't know but my plan now is to pump until she's 18mo, then we'll see if she still wants my boobs or not. I believe, weaning her this time won't be as hard as during Eunice's time. But I'll still be sad.



I thank God that I can breastfeed my two girls. They are beautiful girls. I thank God for the supply that He has blessed me with too. Nat grows up healthily. She has less allergy problems as Eunice's hence she doesn't have the frequent flu and cough. She's easier to take care, and she looks more solid with high resistant. Haha!

Breastfeeding, is a mixed feeling. At one point, I yearn for the freedom of myself, but I feel sad thinking my baby is not sticking onto my breasts for comfort too. It's just the same feeling that I had 2 years ago. But I am sure, this time, I'll be able to handle it better. I hope.

It's a tough journey but it's worth it. I am glad that I had great support from hubby to 100% breastfeed my two girls. Some said about being ugly, breasts sagging, no time, tiring, hard to take care, etc etc but I often reply back and said it's all worth it. Just 1-2 yrs of "suffering", and it's for the baby's well being for the whole life. It's surely worth it.

Breastfeeding rocks. I am going to enjoy the last 1/3 of my breastfeeding journey with my little naughty Natalie. I hope she'll love my boobs for a while more. :)

My pretty girl at 1y12d :)
Note: There's a great writeup for breastfeeding here. I got the comics from there. I am sure, those comics bring a smile to any breastfeeding mums. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Mamabeh

If getting married is a big decision in one's life, having children is a even bigger milestone in life! Having a life growing inside not only change us physically, mentally & our daily life routines, but it's also amazing that how we have grown closer to move forward for the new life ahead of us.

Eunice's Growth

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers


Day 1 @ 0 mth @ 3.28kg, 50cm
Wk 5 @ 1 mth @ 4.80kg, 51cm
Wk 9 @ 2 mth @ 5.60kg, 52cm
Wk 14 @ 3 mth @ 6.55kg, 57cm
Wk 17 @ 4 mth @ 6.90kg, 61cm
Wk 21 @ 5 mth @ 7.40kg, 62cm
Wk 26 @ 6 mth @ 7.70kg, 64cm
Wk 30 @ 7 mth @ 8.10kg, 67cm
Wk35 @ 8 mth @ 8.30kg, 68cm
Wk40 @ 9 mth @ 8.50kg, 70cm
12 months @ 9kg, 70cm
13 months @ 9.35kg, 74cm
14.5 months @ 9.4kg, 74cm
17 months @ 9.9kg, 74cm
18.5 months @ 10.4kg, 77cm
2 yrs @ 11.5kg, 84cm
2 yrs 5 mth @ 11.9kg, 85cm
2 yrs 8 mth @ 12.2kg, 86.5cm
4 yrs 9 mth @ 17kg

Natalie's Growth

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Day 1 @ 0 mth @ 3.36kg, 51cm
Wk 5 @ 1 mth @ 4.70kg, 55cm
Wk 10 @ 2 mth @ 5.82kg, 57cm
Wk13 @ 3 mth @ 6.40kg, 59cm
Wk18 @ 4 mth @ 6.82kg, 61.5cm
Wk23 @ 5 mth @ 7.13kg, 65cm
Wk29 @ 6 mth @ 7.60kg, 66cm
12.5 mth @ 8.64kg, 70cm
13.5 mth @ 8.86kg, 70cm
18 mth @ 9.20kg, 76cm
2 yrs 1 mth @ 11.3kg, 83.5cm
2 yrs 2 mth @ 12kg

Pageviews Last Week

Popular Posts

Nuffnang Ads

Google Analytics