... Our Wonderful Journey to Parenthood ...


Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Yes, still doing full breastfeeding

Many are very surprised that Eunice is still an exclusively breastfed baby.

1. Enfamama called me up, and asked me if my baby is >6 months (I registered the info in their website). I said yes, and she asked what milk powder is your baby drinking? I said, breastmilk. And she responded with a very surprising tone:"Oh, still breastfeeding?" And I said yes. Next she said, OK you know breastfeeding mummies can drink Enfamama too. And I said yes I know. End of conversation. :)

2. Everytime I bring Eunice to her monthly checkup, Dr Dan will never fail to ask me what milk powder is your baby drinking now? And I always tell him, breastmilk. And everytime he'll reply:"Oh still breastfeeding? Very goood.."

3. My mum in law doesn't check on my milk stock anymore when she comes visit us. I think she's finally assured that I have enough supply for her granddaughter. And breastmilk is as nutritious as formula as it's advertised as her granddaughter is as chubby as the other babies, and has a very good weight. So good that sometimes she struggled to carry her well. :D

4. My mum still checks on my supply when we talk on the phone. Still asking if I have enough for Eunice. I told her yes because now she's on solid and I still pump 3 times a day. The next question is so when do I plan to stop. I told her I don't know yet I haven't planned. And she started to get worried about teething, biting, etc etc. And I told her, yeah yeah I know, and we'll cross the bridge when we come to it.

5. Some aunties that I met also very surprise that Eunice is still on breastmilk. I don't know where on the earth they heard that a mother can only produce breastmilk up to 4 months and it'll then slowly reduce to nothing. I'm been feeding & pumping for the past 9 months. And yes, sometimes the supply dropped and that's mainly due to my lack of sleep, but most of the time it has been maintained at 18oz-22oz a day.

Look at my cutie pie enjoying herself while suckling from mummy


When Eunice was admitted for high fever, she's spared from dripping because she drinks breastmilk. I thank God that I have endured so far.


I always encouraged my friends to continue breastfeeding no matter how hard the situation seems to be because I believe one day all these effort will pay off. I'm blessed with many breastfeeding moms around me and the encouragement and companionship to each other is a great motivation to keep me going on.


And as for me, my weight has gone back to my pre-preg weight even though I still eat like a cow. But many commented that I look thinner than last time (with bigger assets though :P). And I do notice that all my jeans are very loose now. But my tummy is still bulging.


Besides, my period has finally came back to me when Eunice hit her 8 months. I used to worry that my supply will be affected when my period is here but thank God it still maintains, maybe just slightly lesser but it's still more than what Eunice consume everyday.


So, when do I plan to stop? I don't know. I am used to wake up at 5.30am to pump everyday, and so used to lift up my shirt whenever my baby cries at night. Like I always tell EG, I've not been sleeping through any night ever since I become a mother. But I'm not complaining. One day I'll wean her off. The only thing that I look forward to after weaning is I can stop pumping. But I haven't planned the day yet.


We'll see. :)

3 comments:

  1. yay! i can post comment here now!

    wanna let u know that u r doing a well done job breastfeeding ur bb exclusively. keep up the good work! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Winnie, Keep it on!!!...U r my motivation to keep me expressing everyday..i have to wake up around 3 or 4am daily too for expressing just to make sure that i express around the clock even though my princess is still sleep soundly..just like u say, I've not been sleeping through any nights ever since I become a mother...anyway, it is worthy! Seeing them growing healthily and become so chubby, i think we should be very proud of our breasts..:D
    Jia You lah....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shu-yin, Thanks!

    Siaw Khur, glad to know that you're still breastfeeding!! (Never talk to u for very long dy coz office block MSN :P). Looks like ur Debbie is sleeping through the night already. That's so good. My Eunice still wakes up to drink / cry / fuss... but it's definitely worth all the effort so keep it on! We'll only be tired for 1-2 years, but the benefit of breastmilk will last our babies for their whole life! So... ADD OIL arrr!! :)

    ReplyDelete

About Mamabeh

If getting married is a big decision in one's life, having children is a even bigger milestone in life! Having a life growing inside not only change us physically, mentally & our daily life routines, but it's also amazing that how we have grown closer to move forward for the new life ahead of us.

Eunice's Growth

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers


Day 1 @ 0 mth @ 3.28kg, 50cm
Wk 5 @ 1 mth @ 4.80kg, 51cm
Wk 9 @ 2 mth @ 5.60kg, 52cm
Wk 14 @ 3 mth @ 6.55kg, 57cm
Wk 17 @ 4 mth @ 6.90kg, 61cm
Wk 21 @ 5 mth @ 7.40kg, 62cm
Wk 26 @ 6 mth @ 7.70kg, 64cm
Wk 30 @ 7 mth @ 8.10kg, 67cm
Wk35 @ 8 mth @ 8.30kg, 68cm
Wk40 @ 9 mth @ 8.50kg, 70cm
12 months @ 9kg, 70cm
13 months @ 9.35kg, 74cm
14.5 months @ 9.4kg, 74cm
17 months @ 9.9kg, 74cm
18.5 months @ 10.4kg, 77cm
2 yrs @ 11.5kg, 84cm
2 yrs 5 mth @ 11.9kg, 85cm
2 yrs 8 mth @ 12.2kg, 86.5cm
4 yrs 9 mth @ 17kg

Natalie's Growth

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Day 1 @ 0 mth @ 3.36kg, 51cm
Wk 5 @ 1 mth @ 4.70kg, 55cm
Wk 10 @ 2 mth @ 5.82kg, 57cm
Wk13 @ 3 mth @ 6.40kg, 59cm
Wk18 @ 4 mth @ 6.82kg, 61.5cm
Wk23 @ 5 mth @ 7.13kg, 65cm
Wk29 @ 6 mth @ 7.60kg, 66cm
12.5 mth @ 8.64kg, 70cm
13.5 mth @ 8.86kg, 70cm
18 mth @ 9.20kg, 76cm
2 yrs 1 mth @ 11.3kg, 83.5cm
2 yrs 2 mth @ 12kg

Pageviews Last Week

Popular Posts

Nuffnang Ads

Google Analytics