I remember when I first carried Eunice to her babysitter's place when she's merely 3 months old, I was so envious of the other parents who carry their children at the sitting up position. I was hoping in my heart that Eunice will grow up faster.
And now, Eunice is 9 months old. She can sit up well. And I'm carrying her at the sitting position to babysitter's place every morning. But ironically, I don't feel any relief, but rather, more tired. But of course, more joy. Every parent is happy to see their kid grows.
Why am I more tired? I used to think that cooking for babies is easy. Easier than feeding milk. Oh my gosh! How wrong I am to think that way. Maybe I'm just not good in cooking, or babysitter's food taste much better. Feeding Eunice solid can be one of the things that I hate to do the most, esp. now that she's more cheeky, she'll BLOW OUT her food all together when she dun feel like eating or when she lazy to chew. =.=... Till now I have tried cooking porridge with stock, without stock, over the stove, in slow cooker, double boil, all also not to much of her liking. So sad.... I am worried that she won't get enough nutrient through breastmilk, and now that she's not eating much makes me even more worry. However, I try to relax a bit since babysitter thinks that her eating amount is perfectly normal. So, as long as she eats in the 5 days @ babysitter's place, I'll just do my best during weekend to make her eat more. :P
At her 7.5 months, Eunice is already standing up by pulling herself up. I always have to be near her to make sure she is holding onto a steady platform to stand, or to support her when she falls.
Besides, Eunice is now crawling everywhere. I didn't buy any safety guard rail in the house as I told EG I'll want to teach her what to touch and what NOT TO touch by reasoning if we can. Of course if we really cannot, then we'll go for the guard rail for safety purpose. Because of this, I always have to catch her back to her playmat whenever she crawls to places where she shouldn't be.
And now that she's more verbal, and playful, sometimes she wants to be held, and wants to have people to play with her. Hence, there are times where I have to sit in her playmat to play with her to keep her entertained.
I couldn't believe that now I'm busier than when she's a baby. And now I understand why others told me that babies are easier to take care of now. Now, I can't cook I can't bake. When Eunice allows me to have some break, I'll rather surf net / watch tv / blog (now you know why I don't blog so often :P)..
But anyway, I'm still happy that Eunice is growing up happily and healthily.
Cutie pie sitting up straight @ ~7 mths
First standing in her cot @ 7 months
Mastering her stand-up skill
Standing straight up @ 8 months
Doing her rasperry blow during mealtime =.=
Playing with her food
Went for her first hair cut @ 9 months


No comments:
Post a Comment