Eunice is 7 months 1 week and 1 day old now. It also means that I have been her moo moo cow for 7 months 1 week and 1 day. *phew*
I pride myself in my determination has helped me go this far, and that Eunice has been on breastmilk exclusively. And she has been growing well~! Many are amazed by her michelin legs and round tummy. Well, at least I prove my mum and my mother in law and many aunties wrong - they always think breastmilk is less nutritious and it's impossible to provide enough for a young baby.
I wouldn't say the journey has been easy but I thank God that my breastfeeding journey is rather smooth. I don't produce A LOT bu I just produce enough for Eunice. I guess that's good enough. She has been drinking 20oz a day before she started solid and my supply is always between 18oz to 24ozs. During good days, it'll go up to 26oz. :). Now that she starts solid and skipped a milk feed, her daily consumption at babysitter's place has reduced to 14 - 15ozs but my production remains at +/-20ozs.
To date, my fridge has 49 bottles of breastmilk with avg of 4-5 ozs, some at babysitter's place. I have 68 bumblebee storage bottles and almost all of them are filled up. To make sure I fully utilise the bottles, I try to make sure I have minimum 4ozs per bottle (mix after pump). And for the stock that I have now, it can only last Eunice for 10-15 days for day time only. If for full day, I guess it will be all gone in less than 10 days.
I actually budget to buy an Ameda double breastpump after I confirm that I can go on with breastfeeding after my confinement, but when I went over to the shop, the sales person actually recommended me UniMOM Forte (never heard before leh...!) :P.. It's 50% cheaper than Ameda, except that it's a bit bulky and slightly heavy. Well, since I don't carry laptop to office, I just put this breastpump in a bag pack and carry to office everyday! In order to convince me to buy this cheaper breastpump, EG also volunteer to carry my bag for me if we ever need to bring it around. :P ... So far, I have no complain and it has been serving me well. :)
Of course I do crave for new branded breastpump. Well, I told EG this is what girls normally want to do - having >1 bags, >1 purses, >1 shoes and what more for this breastpump that's on daily usage. However, he's right that if a cheaper breastpump has already been doing its job well, why do I need to spend more for a branded one? Ahhh... So I'm still not getting any till now. Probably for my next baby I'll buy a Medela or Ameda then. :)
Many asked me how long I plan to breastfeed. I haven't really thought about it yet as I really enjoy breastfeeding now (though I don't like the pumping). But I do plan to do it as long as I have enough supply for my little one. For now, the target is when she reaches 1 year old.
I really thank God that it has been a great journey so far. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment