... Our Wonderful Journey to Parenthood ...


Thursday, September 2, 2010

Eunice's nicknames

It's a funny feeling when I first became a mummy. When I first "met" Eunice, I didn't know how I should call her. Suddenly I have a daughter. Suddenly I'm a mother. I don't know how to describe the mixed feeling. And at the very first time, I called her "baby...". When my mum called me while I was still in hospital, she asked: "How's Eunice?". I found it funny as it took me a second to process who Eunice is. :)

Later on, I still referred her as baby. And trying to get used to it by calling her Eunice.

When I took care of her at home all by myself, EG will buy lunch back for me and check on both of us. He'll ask me how's his precious. I'll tell him how his 小瓜 (xiao gua) treated her mummy (me) as that's how some people call the young children. As usual, EG found it funny and asked me why it is called 小瓜 (xiao gua). And later on we translated it to english and it became Melon. :)

When we started to send Eunice to bbsitter and when I started working, EG and I only see her after work everyday. And normally we'll miss her terribly after work. And EG started to call her "girl girl" - sound sweet right? And one day, while chatting to EG about Eunice, he suddenly typed "gerger" - referring to our little precious. And since then, we have been calling her gerger - since it sounds really cute and no one has this name too. :)

Recently while chatting to some friends, I noticed they also call Eunice gerger. It makes me laugh everytime. A friend actually asked me why gerger? :D... I wonder how they would pronounce it actually. But my answer to my friend is - you know how we pronounce burger? The "ger" there... is the same "ger"...

Wakakakakaka. :)
Our dearest Gerger

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Mamabeh

If getting married is a big decision in one's life, having children is a even bigger milestone in life! Having a life growing inside not only change us physically, mentally & our daily life routines, but it's also amazing that how we have grown closer to move forward for the new life ahead of us.

Eunice's Growth

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers


Day 1 @ 0 mth @ 3.28kg, 50cm
Wk 5 @ 1 mth @ 4.80kg, 51cm
Wk 9 @ 2 mth @ 5.60kg, 52cm
Wk 14 @ 3 mth @ 6.55kg, 57cm
Wk 17 @ 4 mth @ 6.90kg, 61cm
Wk 21 @ 5 mth @ 7.40kg, 62cm
Wk 26 @ 6 mth @ 7.70kg, 64cm
Wk 30 @ 7 mth @ 8.10kg, 67cm
Wk35 @ 8 mth @ 8.30kg, 68cm
Wk40 @ 9 mth @ 8.50kg, 70cm
12 months @ 9kg, 70cm
13 months @ 9.35kg, 74cm
14.5 months @ 9.4kg, 74cm
17 months @ 9.9kg, 74cm
18.5 months @ 10.4kg, 77cm
2 yrs @ 11.5kg, 84cm
2 yrs 5 mth @ 11.9kg, 85cm
2 yrs 8 mth @ 12.2kg, 86.5cm
4 yrs 9 mth @ 17kg

Natalie's Growth

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Day 1 @ 0 mth @ 3.36kg, 51cm
Wk 5 @ 1 mth @ 4.70kg, 55cm
Wk 10 @ 2 mth @ 5.82kg, 57cm
Wk13 @ 3 mth @ 6.40kg, 59cm
Wk18 @ 4 mth @ 6.82kg, 61.5cm
Wk23 @ 5 mth @ 7.13kg, 65cm
Wk29 @ 6 mth @ 7.60kg, 66cm
12.5 mth @ 8.64kg, 70cm
13.5 mth @ 8.86kg, 70cm
18 mth @ 9.20kg, 76cm
2 yrs 1 mth @ 11.3kg, 83.5cm
2 yrs 2 mth @ 12kg

Pageviews Last Week

Popular Posts

Nuffnang Ads

Google Analytics