The whole Sunday I was beside her. She's cranky because her body was scorching hot. But we couldn't feed her PCM in less than 4 hours. I tried to wipe her with a wet handkerchief but she'd cry and cry when I wipe her face. I guess it doesn't feel nice to do that. But when she hit a point when she was too lethargic to fight back, she'd just let me do whatever that I want, and look at me blankly. :(
Poor girl!
I always call her a tough girl. I remember visiting Dr every month during Eunice's time when she was less than 1 yo as she always came down with flu. For Nat, she's perfectly healthy even though we brought her out more often, and I am more relax (or cin-cai) in her stuff, let her bite ANYTHING that she wants, and didn't really bother to make sure everything is sterilised. She has been well all these time. Except few weeks before she turns 1, she had throat infection and was prescribed antibiotics for 5 days. However, even so, she was still active and eating well. Fever was low grade and recovered in 1-2 days.
| 22/9 - Little poor girl stopped fighting and just let me put the wet hanky on her forehead to cool her temperature down. |
| 22/9 - Little girl's lethargic look |
| 22/9 - Slept almost the whole day on Sunday |
Dr Pong checked her ears, lungs and throat, all are clear and said it should be viral. We were asked to monitor her a few days. Yesterday her body has a lot of rashes, we suspected it's Roseola, like what Eunice had in her 8th month. Today is her 5th day, her fever is still there though now the PCM feeding gap can last up to 10 hours. However, with the fever there, it still worries me.
I hope she's teething. And I hope her teeth will come out soon. Yes, still toothless at 13.5mo.
Hmm, I am not sure if it's co-incident or what. Eunice also had her first antibiotic course for throat infection few weeks before she turned 1, so as Natalie. And Eunice had roseola and was admitted (lack of knowledge then) at her 8 mth and her first tooth erupted after that. I sure pray hard that Natalie's fever was nothing serious, and it's the same as the sister, whereby her first tooth is erupting soon!
Verdict of a full time working mum. This is the time when I wish I can leave all my


Khye's finally well now and discharged, and the rashes just came out on the day of discharge. We hope it is just Roseola as well.
ReplyDeleteHope Nat is all well again!
We brought her to doc on that day itself and doc confirmed it's viral rash. And after that she's OK already. :)
ReplyDelete