... Our Wonderful Journey to Parenthood ...


Sunday, September 2, 2012

Confinement

Confinement during Eunice's time was pretty chaotic. So, when I found out I am pregnant, we looked for a confinement center. We engaged O'hana opposite Island hospital as we were impressed by its environment, and most importantly, they support breastfeeding.

However, they closed down in end of May. We tried looking for other centers but the condition wasn't impressive, and they failed to convince me that they are breastfeeding friendly when formula milk is included in the package.

So, we decided to get a confinement lady. I called up 20+ CL contacts and all are already booked till end of the year, imagine my stress. EG even told me worst case scenario, he'll take 2 weeks off to cook for me, or we cater confinement food.

To cut the story short, in the end, I managed to find this Aunty Lily from Farlim, who surprisingly still available in August! We met her up immediately and found her pleasant, so we hired her.

We never like to have stranger in our house but I guess hiring a CL was one of the most right decision that we've made. Same as Eunice's time, the 1st 2 weeks after delivery was very tiring as I was still in the recovering mode. One lucky thing this round is, I have more milk. Baby normally sucked only one side and couldn't clear my breasts. I pumped out to clear engorgement and managed to get 6ozs on my 4th day post partum.

CL suggested me to sleep at night and let her bottle feed baby. She said if mothers have enough sleep and drink enough fluid, we'll sure have lots of milk. We bargained and finally decided that we'll bottle feed Natalie once at 1am, and I'll direct feed for the other times - then at least I get to sleep from 10pm to 3am or 4am.. It really helps me recover faster.

Besides, Aunty Lily cooks nice food for us.. Tea time are great too. I was served roti babi, potato balls, red bean with longan, pong pia with eggs, etc..

When I engaged her, I requested her to cook for EG and Eunice for dinner, holidays and weekends and she agreed with no extra charge. So far, not only EG likes her food but Eunice has been eating a lot too. :). EG is a very clean person and so far Aunty Lily has done a good job in cleaning the kitchen after every cooking and EG has no complain.

However, after 3 wks plus, I'm getting super bored and couldn't wait for it to be over. Though I enjoy having food served without me cooking it myself, I still wish to bathe 3 times a day, and have some of my privacy back.

My confinement is going to over in another week. If I'm given another chance, I'd still hire a CL.. Comparing to my first confinement, I felt like I treated like a VVIP.. And CL's experience in handling baby also makes me more relief, ESP when baby is burped well and she's much less colicky comparing to Eunice. :)

Again, I really thank God that we still can find Aunty Lily though it was so last minute, and that we can tolerate each other well throughout the one month. :)..

Some of my tea time
Food for the others
My food I
My food II

2 comments:

  1. Your confinement food looks yummy!. May I have the contact of the CL? Is she willing to come to KL? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suria, you can call her @ 0164897147.

    ReplyDelete

About Mamabeh

If getting married is a big decision in one's life, having children is a even bigger milestone in life! Having a life growing inside not only change us physically, mentally & our daily life routines, but it's also amazing that how we have grown closer to move forward for the new life ahead of us.

Eunice's Growth

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers


Day 1 @ 0 mth @ 3.28kg, 50cm
Wk 5 @ 1 mth @ 4.80kg, 51cm
Wk 9 @ 2 mth @ 5.60kg, 52cm
Wk 14 @ 3 mth @ 6.55kg, 57cm
Wk 17 @ 4 mth @ 6.90kg, 61cm
Wk 21 @ 5 mth @ 7.40kg, 62cm
Wk 26 @ 6 mth @ 7.70kg, 64cm
Wk 30 @ 7 mth @ 8.10kg, 67cm
Wk35 @ 8 mth @ 8.30kg, 68cm
Wk40 @ 9 mth @ 8.50kg, 70cm
12 months @ 9kg, 70cm
13 months @ 9.35kg, 74cm
14.5 months @ 9.4kg, 74cm
17 months @ 9.9kg, 74cm
18.5 months @ 10.4kg, 77cm
2 yrs @ 11.5kg, 84cm
2 yrs 5 mth @ 11.9kg, 85cm
2 yrs 8 mth @ 12.2kg, 86.5cm
4 yrs 9 mth @ 17kg

Natalie's Growth

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Day 1 @ 0 mth @ 3.36kg, 51cm
Wk 5 @ 1 mth @ 4.70kg, 55cm
Wk 10 @ 2 mth @ 5.82kg, 57cm
Wk13 @ 3 mth @ 6.40kg, 59cm
Wk18 @ 4 mth @ 6.82kg, 61.5cm
Wk23 @ 5 mth @ 7.13kg, 65cm
Wk29 @ 6 mth @ 7.60kg, 66cm
12.5 mth @ 8.64kg, 70cm
13.5 mth @ 8.86kg, 70cm
18 mth @ 9.20kg, 76cm
2 yrs 1 mth @ 11.3kg, 83.5cm
2 yrs 2 mth @ 12kg

Pageviews Last Week

Popular Posts

Nuffnang Ads

Google Analytics