In December long holiday, one of the most fun things that we did was to visit swimming pools. We went to 3 different aquatic centers / swimming pools just to check out their differences, also because we have the discount vouchers. The girls were very very happy and they really played crazy, and both slept really well after the swimming. :)
When we went for the first visit at
Monash Aquatic Center, we did not know what to expect, and EG said he won't go into the water. So he was taking pictures for us. And you can see how clumsy I was trying to hold on to two girls. But he took beautiful pictures.
 |
| In the wave pool |
 |
| The wave is pretty strong and I had to hold on my girls pretty tightly. |
 |
| Some shots at the wave pools |
 |
| Taking a break at the kid's pool |
 |
| Enjoying the bubble pool |
 |
| Some shots of me and my girls :) |
After this, we went to
Aqualink Boxhill and
Healthways Aquatic Centers, and EG decided to join in the fun together hence we didn't take any photo. However, we still had great fun in both the visits. Everytime I said we're going swimming, the girls will be shouting in joy.
None of us knows how to swim. Both girls were pretty timid in the water. Eunice tried to avoid her face into the water or even scolded us for asking her to try to dip her face into the water. She complaint the water is smelly (chlorine). After that, I talked to a few parents and decided to send Eunice for swimming class as swimming is a very important skill in Australia. Also, it's a survival skill so no harm letting her doing it.
Eunice started late in the lesson as most children in Aus will start swimming lesson at as young as 1yo, but mostly at 3yo. We put her through a holiday intensive program (5 consecutive days of lessons during school holiday). In the first & second day, she was afraid and timid in the water. But after that, she built her confidence in her swimming teacher, and she got much better and loves swimming now. I was pretty amazed that even though the class is only 30 minutes, she actually did a lot of things in the class. Not a slack moment at all. So, it's really value for money!
After 5 days, we continued her in the weekly swimming program. She'll ask us everyday - am I going swimming today? She'll be very excited on the swimming lesson day.
 |
| Cutie girl. I bought a swimming cap for her to ease the washing. |
 |
| Posing for the camera :) |
She's pretty good now. She kicks and scoops with floats around her. And I can see the teacher trying to let her do it by herself and I believe that really boosts her sense of accomplishment. She loves swimming so much - which I am glad, very glad indeed.
I took some pictures of her when I went for her class (for the first time - very excited), and I didn't see there's a note saying that no camera / no picture. So ever since then I never take any pic of her anymore.
 |
| During the lesson |
 |
| Getting ready to swim |
 |
| Go my girl :) |
 |
| Kicking kicking kicking |
 |
| Swimming by herself with float |
 |
| Swimming backwards with noodle |
 |
| Floating on her back |
Since she started late in her lessons, she's with the 3.5yo children in her lesson now. But the teacher has pushed her pretty hard that she's going up another level after 1 term. Pretty proud of her. :).
 |
VIC Swim Level Progression Diagram. Eunice is now in Pre School Beginner Gold and we'll find out which level she's going to in next term. |
I love going for her swimming lesson with her to watch her swim. We'll enrol Nat when she's 3.5 yo, so that I don't need to be in the pool together with her. But even for now, Nat also knows how to swim. She'll tell Eunice to KICK! And they will both have lots of fun when we put on water in the bath tub at home and that's when they start "swimming" too. :)
hotmom!
ReplyDelete