Eunice is growing up very fast. So fast that sometimes I cannot believe that she's a big girl already. There are so many things that I want to write about her but I cannot catch up with her development. :).. It's going too fast. :)
Her speech development has been improving tremendously, and her vocabulary expansion amazes me. She picks up from our normal speech very fast. :). I remember when she's approaching 2 years old, around her 22 mths, I was just telling EG that her vocabulary has improved from 2 letters to 3 letters, for eg: from eat rice to want eat rice. She can start to put words together better.
Now, she can even form sentences. We noticed that since she is 2 years old 2 months ago. Once EG asked her, "Where is the sticker?", and she answered, pointing at the rubbish bin, "Gerger throw away already.." We were kinda amazed. That's her first sentence that we remember. After this, she started to say more and more and her sentences get longer and longer.
Recently EG told me, once when she woke up in the morning (I was downstair preparing for the day start), she told EG, "Daddy, I want the milk on the table...". EG was again amazed. :)
We bought puzzles for her to play (will update that separately - hopefully :P). Once she was playing it with EG and one piece was missing. EG asked her, "Where is the other piece?".. She looked at EG, then started to look for it and found it and completed the puzzle. Next, everytime when she plays her puzzle and she couldn't find certain piece, she'll say, "Where is the other piece?"... Again, amazed! :)
Next she uses preposition. I read in books that using preposition is a milestone. Her first sentence with preposition was "Elmo sleeps with mummy". She puts her Elmo to sleep beside me everynight. Few weeks ago, while on the way to babysitter, she suddenly said, "Mickey mouse behind the trees".. It took us a while to understand what she's saying, then we realized, the mickey mouse on the billboard was blocked by the trees and hence she said it's behind the trees. EG was again amazed, asked me, who taught her the word behind, we didn't. :)... And I was playing puzzles with her again the other day and she was trying to be cheeky and hide one piece under her leg. I asked her, "So, where's the other piece?".. She told me, "Under gerger's leg". *Grin*... but her pronunciation probably wasn't so clear but I am still amazed. :). We encouraged her to say proper sentence by asking her a lot of questions, like when we turn on the TV, we asked her, "Where is the remote?" She'll tell us "On the sofa".. I'm quite proud of her learning ability. :)
Now, everyday I'll talk to her when she comes back from babysitter place. I want her to learn to tell me what's going on in her day so she knows how to express herself especially when she starts going to school. My worst nightmare is my timid daughter being bullied in the school and she doesn't know how to tell me. So far she's progressing well. She can tell me what did she eat (rice/porridge/carrot/soup), who fed her (kakak/feed herself), what did she do (play slide/dancing) and with who. By the rate that she's going, I believe she'll be ready to go school next year, or I'll be ready to send her to school next year. :)
She's also very good in scolding her father. :).. Well, the father taught her to scold himself actually. She'll tell him, "Don't disturb!" if she knows you're trying to disturb her. Or she'll also point her little finger at EG and tell him softly but sternly, "stop!"... It makes us laugh everytime. I think she learns from the babysitter. But she doesn't do it to me, only to EG. I used the same "warning" to her when she's not behaving well and normally she'll cry badly. So I guess she knows that means something serious.
But overall, everyday, she just never stop amazes us on her speech development. But with this, it also makes our lives so much easier because she could express herself very well now and we can satisfy her demand since we can understand her. And the fact that she knows what we're telling her also helps a lot esp. after we discipline/scold her.
Recently we went to youth park with a few friends and their children just to let the kids to have something to play. And a friend took Eunice's pic. EG asked her to open her eyes big big and this is what she did. :)... Will blog about the outing separately as well.
Friday, May 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment