... Our Wonderful Journey to Parenthood ...


Monday, May 14, 2012

Disciplining

So far, Eunice is quite an obedient girl. I really thank God for that. Since she's young, EG and I have been discussing on ways to discipline her, not to just show our "power" but mainly we want her to be a girl with a good behavior, also to let her know when she needs to listen to us as parents. We don't want to discipline her just for the sake of disciplining, no point doing that. Truthfully speaking, she really didn't do much thing that allows us to really punish her, until last Friday.

11-May-2012, 7.30pm @ Home.

Eunice asked for milk even it's not milk time yet. I told her I'll put the fresh milk in the cup for her. She started screaming and said no no no. As usual, we ignored her and just put the milk in the cup. EG brought the cup to her table and told her to drink. She got angry and she PUSHED the cup and the milk spilled.

EG got really angry and shouted at her. She started crying, but EG still took out her palm and hit her on her palm. Well, I know it sounded loud but it wasn't painful. He told me later he put her hand on top of his palm before beating her (2 times some more :P), so that it's sort of like protected. :P

Eunice was wailing. This is the first time she was punished seriously by her beloved father. She always bullies her father, but this time I agreed with EG and I didn't help her. She stood there and cried and wailed. Deep inside me, I felt very sad and very heartache to see her crying like that. I really felt like going over and give her a hug but I know I shouldn't because she really shouldn't push the cup and spill the milk, no matter how much she didn't want the milk in the cup. I went to her, and I put her at the corner and told her to stand at the corner to cry. She stood there and cried for a good 5 minutes. I was actually quite surprise that she would actually stand there. :P....

11-May: Standing at corner


Later on, she starting moving. She went to the sofa and wanted to take her favorite blanket & soft toys (her comfort objects), but EG, I think he was really angry, told her NO, CANNOT TAKE. I was really shocked that he's THAT angry! But I know I shouldn't say anything. And again, to my surprise, my girl didn't dare to take the blanket at all, and just cried and cried. But after a while, EG passed her the blanket and hugged her, told her repeatedly that "It's OK, you shouldn't push the cup.." etc etc... Eunice wailed and shouted and screamed. After a while, she finally cooled down and was all ok again.


Manja time, Daddy explaining why she's punished

We then left house to go CG. In the car, I asked her, "Just now, daddy beat you is it?"
She nodded her head, said, "Mmm.."
I asked, "Pain or not?"
She said, "Mmm..."
I asked again, "Why daddy beat you?"
She said, "Gerger pushed the milk..."
Then I told her, "Next time don't want to push the milk ok? Drink from cup ok?"
She nodded and said, "Mmm..."

When we reached Lavinia apartment, EG told me to bring everything down and leave Eunice with him. he'll go park the car and will bring Eunice in together with him as he wanted to talk to her again on why she's being punished. :)...

After that, Eunice is a happy girl again, bullies her daddy as usual. Everytime she sees her standing-at-the-corner pic that I took, she'll laugh and tell me, "Gerger stand at corn-der"... If I asked the same questions above, she'll give me the same answers. And now, when she asked for milk, and if she knows it's not milk time, she'll say, "Gerger want milk in cup, okay?"... :)

Looks like she understands why she's being punished. :).. But I don't wish this to happen again because my heart really really aches when I see her crying so helplessly. No wonder EG always said I have a soft spot for her, and I'm giving in a lot for her. Sometimes I surprised myself that I had so much patience for her, but I guess I have to agree with him. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Mamabeh

If getting married is a big decision in one's life, having children is a even bigger milestone in life! Having a life growing inside not only change us physically, mentally & our daily life routines, but it's also amazing that how we have grown closer to move forward for the new life ahead of us.

Eunice's Growth

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers


Day 1 @ 0 mth @ 3.28kg, 50cm
Wk 5 @ 1 mth @ 4.80kg, 51cm
Wk 9 @ 2 mth @ 5.60kg, 52cm
Wk 14 @ 3 mth @ 6.55kg, 57cm
Wk 17 @ 4 mth @ 6.90kg, 61cm
Wk 21 @ 5 mth @ 7.40kg, 62cm
Wk 26 @ 6 mth @ 7.70kg, 64cm
Wk 30 @ 7 mth @ 8.10kg, 67cm
Wk35 @ 8 mth @ 8.30kg, 68cm
Wk40 @ 9 mth @ 8.50kg, 70cm
12 months @ 9kg, 70cm
13 months @ 9.35kg, 74cm
14.5 months @ 9.4kg, 74cm
17 months @ 9.9kg, 74cm
18.5 months @ 10.4kg, 77cm
2 yrs @ 11.5kg, 84cm
2 yrs 5 mth @ 11.9kg, 85cm
2 yrs 8 mth @ 12.2kg, 86.5cm
4 yrs 9 mth @ 17kg

Natalie's Growth

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Day 1 @ 0 mth @ 3.36kg, 51cm
Wk 5 @ 1 mth @ 4.70kg, 55cm
Wk 10 @ 2 mth @ 5.82kg, 57cm
Wk13 @ 3 mth @ 6.40kg, 59cm
Wk18 @ 4 mth @ 6.82kg, 61.5cm
Wk23 @ 5 mth @ 7.13kg, 65cm
Wk29 @ 6 mth @ 7.60kg, 66cm
12.5 mth @ 8.64kg, 70cm
13.5 mth @ 8.86kg, 70cm
18 mth @ 9.20kg, 76cm
2 yrs 1 mth @ 11.3kg, 83.5cm
2 yrs 2 mth @ 12kg

Pageviews Last Week

Popular Posts

Nuffnang Ads

Google Analytics