... Our Wonderful Journey to Parenthood ...


Thursday, June 21, 2012

Counting

Eunice can count from 1-10 since she's 2 yrs old. She can identify the numbers whenever she sees it anywhere too. I also taught her to count it from backward. She can do 10 - 1 pretty well. Recently, she can count from 1 to 20, but she can't really recognize the numbers 11 to 20, just merely counting them.

This morning, while playing with my iPhone, I taught her one-and-one (11) is eleven. She picked that up.

Then, I tried teaching her counting backward also, by looking at the number on my phone.

So I told her twenty, nineteen, eighteen, and she repeated after me, and she started to pick up the trend and it became:

Eunice: Seventeen!
Me: Correct!
Eunice: Sixteen!
Me: Correct!
Eunice: Five-teen!
Me: Fifteen..
Eunice: Four-teen!
Me: Correct!
Eunice: Three-teen!
Me: Thirteen..
Eunice: Two-teen!
Me: Twelve..

Then she looked at 11, I just taught her that's 11 and she remembered! And she looked at me with her dazed look, asking me, "Ehh.. mami...." And I said, ya this is ELEVEN! I think she's going to say one-teen if I din teach her 11 is Eleven. :)

I am also trying to teach her to count in chinese, just one to five. She takes longer to pick up and ah, her slang, are just so ang-moh! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Mamabeh

If getting married is a big decision in one's life, having children is a even bigger milestone in life! Having a life growing inside not only change us physically, mentally & our daily life routines, but it's also amazing that how we have grown closer to move forward for the new life ahead of us.

Eunice's Growth

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers


Day 1 @ 0 mth @ 3.28kg, 50cm
Wk 5 @ 1 mth @ 4.80kg, 51cm
Wk 9 @ 2 mth @ 5.60kg, 52cm
Wk 14 @ 3 mth @ 6.55kg, 57cm
Wk 17 @ 4 mth @ 6.90kg, 61cm
Wk 21 @ 5 mth @ 7.40kg, 62cm
Wk 26 @ 6 mth @ 7.70kg, 64cm
Wk 30 @ 7 mth @ 8.10kg, 67cm
Wk35 @ 8 mth @ 8.30kg, 68cm
Wk40 @ 9 mth @ 8.50kg, 70cm
12 months @ 9kg, 70cm
13 months @ 9.35kg, 74cm
14.5 months @ 9.4kg, 74cm
17 months @ 9.9kg, 74cm
18.5 months @ 10.4kg, 77cm
2 yrs @ 11.5kg, 84cm
2 yrs 5 mth @ 11.9kg, 85cm
2 yrs 8 mth @ 12.2kg, 86.5cm
4 yrs 9 mth @ 17kg

Natalie's Growth

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Day 1 @ 0 mth @ 3.36kg, 51cm
Wk 5 @ 1 mth @ 4.70kg, 55cm
Wk 10 @ 2 mth @ 5.82kg, 57cm
Wk13 @ 3 mth @ 6.40kg, 59cm
Wk18 @ 4 mth @ 6.82kg, 61.5cm
Wk23 @ 5 mth @ 7.13kg, 65cm
Wk29 @ 6 mth @ 7.60kg, 66cm
12.5 mth @ 8.64kg, 70cm
13.5 mth @ 8.86kg, 70cm
18 mth @ 9.20kg, 76cm
2 yrs 1 mth @ 11.3kg, 83.5cm
2 yrs 2 mth @ 12kg

Pageviews Last Week

Popular Posts

Nuffnang Ads

Google Analytics