... Our Wonderful Journey to Parenthood ...


Thursday, August 16, 2012

My Miracle

I have delivered my 2nd princess on 11th Aug safely.I never blog about my pregnancy this time. Why? Many reasons - work was busy, lazy, weekend was busier, plus there are lots of hiccups.

Why I call her my miracle baby? In my pregnancy this time, there are just too many uncertainties that caused me with sleepless nights, worries, but all got ironed out so well that I think all these are just miracles.

First, I engaged a confinement center opposite Island hospital in Feb. Paid deposit before CNY. I thought probably staying in a confinement center will be easier for both EG and Eunice. When I brought my parents to visit in May, they told me they are closing down end of the time. I was so shocked. We went to see other confinement centers but the condition was just depressing and they couldn't convince me that they are breastfeeding friendly at all. My parents were checking out the places and pestered me to get a confinement lady instead. In such a short notice, it's not easy to get a confinement lady! I called up 20+ contacts that night and all are booked. To cut the story short, finally I found one auntie who is free in August. We met her and found her pleasant, and we engaged her. This is the first miracle that we could find a confinement lady in such a short notice. How's the auntie? I'll update more later. :)

My baby has been growing well all the time inside me. But on week 36, Dr Karen told me baby is not engaged yet. I was taking it easy. But on the subsequent weeks, baby is still not engaged. I have been desperately hoping for a VBAC (Vaginal Birth After C-sect) this round. I still bathe Eunice until I couldn't balance myself with my big tummy, because I know squatting helps dilation. I keep myself agile, I went marketing alone, did cooking until late 3rd trimester, and try to keep myself as fit as I can to prepare for the day. But even I have prepared myself, baby is not engaged!

I asked my girlfriends to pray for me. I emailed my cell group to pray for me. It's very rare for me to ask for prayers because I always don't like to trouble others. Besides, I always think other people have bigger problems than me. But this round I did. I cried and cried because baby is not engaged. Dr Karen said my tummy is pendulous, and probably that caused baby not able to engage. Besides, my baby is also at the posterior position (facing up, looking at my belly).. Same like Eunice! Dang!!! In order to have an easier labor, baby needs to engage and at the anterior position. One of the reason why I had to deliver Eunice through emergency c-sect is because she was at the posterior position and she couldn't turn down during the delivery, and she got distressed! I cried and cried that both my babies are the same and this round I might even need to have to make the decision consciously to go for c-sect.

A friend told me to do some exercises to help baby to engage, and to turn the baby to anterior position. I did them every night before I sleep. On Week39, baby is STILL not engaged! And still at posterior position. And worse, Dr said, she's still high, and there's no improvement from Week36 till Week39. My heart just sank.

Many friends are praying for me. Even my pastor smsed me and EG to tell us that he and his family are also praying for us, and sent very encouraging advise to us. It comforted me, a bit. I sent an email to my friends, updating them on the status, and my decision. I decided to go for c-sect on my Week40 check, 1 day before my EDD. If it's still the same, I'll go for c-sect on 8th Aug. I told them, I was sad to be in this circumstance to make this decision. A friend replied me and told me that her family are still praying for miracle to happen to me, and asked me to be joyful.

It makes me tear because when I have given up on the situation that I'm in, there are still people praying for me. That makes me feel there's still hope. Friends send me bible verses to comfort me. I meditated on them to comfort myself. But I stopped doing any exercise. I was just so depressed and I wasn't putting anymore hope and was preparing myself mentally to go for another surgery to deliver my 2nd princess.

I took my maternity leave earlier, used a day to cool myself down, quiet myself at home, relax, and spend some time with me myself only. Then, I went for checkup the next day.

Dr Karen touched & pressed my tummy, asked me, pain or not? I said, a bit. I felt weird coz for the past few weeks, she touched and pressed, then told me, "Nope, not engaged".. this round it's different. Then she did ultrasound, and told me, "Baby engaged already... and she's looking at her daddy now.." EG was standing on my left side. I couldn't express my feeling then! I was too happy to even feel happy! It took me a while to know that there's still hope for natural birth!!

So, Dr Karen's advice is to wait till Week41. If there's still no sign of labor on Week41, then we'll decide if we should induce or go for operation. I told EG, Let's wait ok? My sweet hubby told me, "I know it's your heart's desire to delivery naturally, I'll support you. We'll wait..."

Of course if you follow my facebook, I delivered my 2nd princess naturally! I'll write on the detail in my next post but I want to pen down this miracle to remember God's goodness on me! I have never imagined that baby still can engage at the very last minute. I call it a miracle. Truly a miracle in my life.

All praises to our mighty God!

1 comment:

  1. Rejoicing with you, Winnie... It is indeed a miracle. :) All glory to him alone!!!

    ReplyDelete

About Mamabeh

If getting married is a big decision in one's life, having children is a even bigger milestone in life! Having a life growing inside not only change us physically, mentally & our daily life routines, but it's also amazing that how we have grown closer to move forward for the new life ahead of us.

Eunice's Growth

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers


Day 1 @ 0 mth @ 3.28kg, 50cm
Wk 5 @ 1 mth @ 4.80kg, 51cm
Wk 9 @ 2 mth @ 5.60kg, 52cm
Wk 14 @ 3 mth @ 6.55kg, 57cm
Wk 17 @ 4 mth @ 6.90kg, 61cm
Wk 21 @ 5 mth @ 7.40kg, 62cm
Wk 26 @ 6 mth @ 7.70kg, 64cm
Wk 30 @ 7 mth @ 8.10kg, 67cm
Wk35 @ 8 mth @ 8.30kg, 68cm
Wk40 @ 9 mth @ 8.50kg, 70cm
12 months @ 9kg, 70cm
13 months @ 9.35kg, 74cm
14.5 months @ 9.4kg, 74cm
17 months @ 9.9kg, 74cm
18.5 months @ 10.4kg, 77cm
2 yrs @ 11.5kg, 84cm
2 yrs 5 mth @ 11.9kg, 85cm
2 yrs 8 mth @ 12.2kg, 86.5cm
4 yrs 9 mth @ 17kg

Natalie's Growth

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Day 1 @ 0 mth @ 3.36kg, 51cm
Wk 5 @ 1 mth @ 4.70kg, 55cm
Wk 10 @ 2 mth @ 5.82kg, 57cm
Wk13 @ 3 mth @ 6.40kg, 59cm
Wk18 @ 4 mth @ 6.82kg, 61.5cm
Wk23 @ 5 mth @ 7.13kg, 65cm
Wk29 @ 6 mth @ 7.60kg, 66cm
12.5 mth @ 8.64kg, 70cm
13.5 mth @ 8.86kg, 70cm
18 mth @ 9.20kg, 76cm
2 yrs 1 mth @ 11.3kg, 83.5cm
2 yrs 2 mth @ 12kg

Pageviews Last Week

Popular Posts

Nuffnang Ads

Google Analytics