I love to go for Eunice's monthly check. Sometimes I'll just go even though she's just having some very mild flu or cough, or something nothing at all, but I want to know her weight and her height. So, I'll make up some reason to go for checkup even though there's no monthly jab.
Since Eunice is born, she has been putting on weight. And her weight is very good (according to many friends around me), and of course me as mummy is proud over it. Every mum likes to know that their child is growing well.
Before CNY, Eunice had some mild flu and cough, and knowing that no clinic or hospital will open during CNY, we brought her to Taiping Columbia Asia to get some medication before the public holiday. And we weighed her. With her diaper on, and I think the weighing machine was not very accurate, Eunice weighed 9.4kg! I was so happy.
Then, she had sore throat and went on antibiotics for 5 days. On that week, she couldn't eat well. She basically skipped porridge and drank little milk at babysitter's as well. She only wanted to be direct fed, and that also I won't know how much she's drinking.
But she recovered fast. After 4 days of antibiotics, she's eating her porridge again, and drinking as usual, and went for her first birthday party.
A week after her birthday, we brought her back to Island hospital for her 1st year old MMR jab. Dr Dan weighed her and told me she's now 9kg. I was shocked. This is the first time when her weight DIDN'T increase. I told Dr Dan that, and he checked his record and found that she was 9.1kg as per last weighed at her 10 months. Then only he found in the older records that she had fever and sore throat last month.
And he told me, "Oh, kids lost weight very fast... but don't worry 9kg is a very good weight for her...".
I didn't know that a child could lose weight THAT fast!
But anyway, I'm not complaining that she's thin. She's definitely not thin. She's chubby. I do think 9kg is a good weight. When my parents saw her, they commented that she's very small size, but is very fleshy! I guess she has my gene! Hehe...
Her height didn't increase for the past 2 months though. I think she's not going to be tall, since both her parents are not very tall. Not complaining as well, shorter girls can find boyfriend easier... Hehehe :)
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment