... Our Wonderful Journey to Parenthood ...


Monday, January 25, 2010

Nom... Nom... Nom....

As mentioned in previous posts, 3rd trimester has been very tiring. My feet swell bad almost every night. I have increased the no. of pillows underneath my feet from 1 pillow to 2 pillows, and it seems like it doesn't do much help. It makes me feel really uncomfortable esp. when I'm walking around. So what I did was to stack up two poofs at home and put my legs high up before I sleep. And it helps tremendously. Besides, my fingers also started swelling. I can't even hold a fist when I wake up, and have problem holding my toothbrush to brush my teeth.

Besides that, my dear baby has been moving very actively inside my tummy, and sometimes it makes me feel rather uncomfortable esp. when I'm trying to concentrate in my work. But still, I try to move around as much as I can to make sure I don't just lie there doing nothing since according to the magazines, pregnant mummy should be doing even more exercises while approaching the due date. Since I have no time for exercise, I just continue with whatever that I can do at home. =)

For baby, we went for our checkup on my 35th week. While waiting, I was telling EG that since the last checkup baby is ~1.95kg. Using the growth rate per the last 2 checkup, this round we should be expecting baby to grow up to 2.2kg or so. But to our great surprise, our dear baby has put on 600gm and she's now 2.6kg! My goshhh....! I was really shocked and asked Dr Karen if the growth is OK. She said it's ok since now baby will start to put on a lot. Funnily, my weight has been stagnant at 57kg with no up-going trend - and I don't wish to see the weight keep going up anyway. :P. Seems like my baby has been busy feeding herself and putting on weight inside... =)... I hope she doesn't become a fatty girl next time :D

Dr Karen mentioned that as long as baby is >2.5kg, it'll be safe to deliver as baby is not too small. Many asked how do we know the baby's weight - yeah, we asked this question as well during our checkup and it's done by measuring the baby's head circumference. All by calculations so it might not be exactly accurate.

Besides that, my dear baby has also engaged (or locked in) already. However, she's facing upward. She needs to face downward in order for a smooth normal delivery. I hope she'll face down soon. EG has been talking to her and ask her to behave well so that she will come out smoothly and both me and her will have a good experience in delivery. I was also hoping to get a face profile printout to show my mum when she came visiting me but my baby was shy that day. She was covering her face with her small little hands and hence we couldn't get the picture. =)

I'm approaching my full term 37 weeks by end of January and I wonder how big is my baby now in my tummy coz my weight is still the same. However, I've been feeling even more tired, and I can feel my tummy getting lower and lower and it makes me feel very uncomfortable esp. when I am sitting down.

Braxton Hicks are happening very often now and sometimes I can feel some mild contractions. And when it happens, I will go sleep to relax myself. I also felt some rhythmic pain at the back and I read somewhere in internet that it might also be caused by contraction.

I have told my baby to come before CNY so that I can dress her nicely with the cute and nice dresses that her yiyi bought from UK for her. Let's see if she really keep her promises. =)

Can't wait to meet our little bundle of joy soon. The daddy is especially excited and anxious for her arrival soon. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Mamabeh

If getting married is a big decision in one's life, having children is a even bigger milestone in life! Having a life growing inside not only change us physically, mentally & our daily life routines, but it's also amazing that how we have grown closer to move forward for the new life ahead of us.

Eunice's Growth

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers


Day 1 @ 0 mth @ 3.28kg, 50cm
Wk 5 @ 1 mth @ 4.80kg, 51cm
Wk 9 @ 2 mth @ 5.60kg, 52cm
Wk 14 @ 3 mth @ 6.55kg, 57cm
Wk 17 @ 4 mth @ 6.90kg, 61cm
Wk 21 @ 5 mth @ 7.40kg, 62cm
Wk 26 @ 6 mth @ 7.70kg, 64cm
Wk 30 @ 7 mth @ 8.10kg, 67cm
Wk35 @ 8 mth @ 8.30kg, 68cm
Wk40 @ 9 mth @ 8.50kg, 70cm
12 months @ 9kg, 70cm
13 months @ 9.35kg, 74cm
14.5 months @ 9.4kg, 74cm
17 months @ 9.9kg, 74cm
18.5 months @ 10.4kg, 77cm
2 yrs @ 11.5kg, 84cm
2 yrs 5 mth @ 11.9kg, 85cm
2 yrs 8 mth @ 12.2kg, 86.5cm
4 yrs 9 mth @ 17kg

Natalie's Growth

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Day 1 @ 0 mth @ 3.36kg, 51cm
Wk 5 @ 1 mth @ 4.70kg, 55cm
Wk 10 @ 2 mth @ 5.82kg, 57cm
Wk13 @ 3 mth @ 6.40kg, 59cm
Wk18 @ 4 mth @ 6.82kg, 61.5cm
Wk23 @ 5 mth @ 7.13kg, 65cm
Wk29 @ 6 mth @ 7.60kg, 66cm
12.5 mth @ 8.64kg, 70cm
13.5 mth @ 8.86kg, 70cm
18 mth @ 9.20kg, 76cm
2 yrs 1 mth @ 11.3kg, 83.5cm
2 yrs 2 mth @ 12kg

Pageviews Last Week

Popular Posts

Nuffnang Ads

Google Analytics