... Our Wonderful Journey to Parenthood ...


Friday, June 11, 2010

Eunice @ 3 months

Eunice is approaching 4 months old. How time flies. I'm amazed sometimes on how fast baby grows. And if only I could record them down fast enough... :)

Eunice is already 6.25kg on her 13th week when we brought her to check on her running nose. When we went back again for her 3rd month vaccination, she has put on another 300gm in a week and she's 6.55kg! I was shocked that she actually put on so much and really wonder is my breastmilk full of fats. But well, every parents will be proud that their babies are chubby, so am I.... :)... At least that means she's growing well. Moreover Eunice is on breastmilk exclusively and Paed always told us that breastfed babies will not be obese.

1. Eunice can now smile and laugh to others. She's very good in that actually, esp. if you look funny. Hehehehe... Many ppl tried to make funny faces to her and without fail, she'll smile back to them. There's once when I brought her to church, ppl (age from 30 to 60 :P) were queuing up to make faces to her to make her smile/laugh. Dr Eddie commented that she's very joyful. :)... Even when I brought her to Dr Dan for 3rd month checkup, she also smiled at Dr Dan and Dr Dan actually commented that she's so happy to be out. :).. I'm really glad that Eunice is a cheerful baby - just like what her chinese name means.

2. Her neck got stronger on her 3rd month. We let her have her tummy time often esp. on the weekend to strengthen her neck muscle. Comparing to last month, she can now hold her head much higher. But she still gets tired quite fast. :)



3. She's trying to turn. You can see her putting her legs over but her body still cant turn over fully yet. She'll try a few times, got tired, catch her breath, and lie back to her back and relax. :). Sometimes, I will help her but just pushing her a bit and voila, she's on her tummy! But bbsitter warned me not to do it many times as it might cause her to be lazy and I might need to get up to turn her over during midnight... ooppss....


4. Eunice's motor skills has developed in her 3rd month. She started to grab things using her hands and she can hold it really tight and not letting go. We normally will put her down in her rocking chair in the study room, and give her a thin blanket or lampin for her to entertain herself. She'll grab it, pull it up to cover her eyes, pull it down to see the things around her, and continue for maybe 30 minutes. Sometimes she'll scream when she lost control and couldn't pull down the blanket / lampin which covered her whole face. Then we'll help. :P... It's quite funny seeing her behaving that way as if she's playing her own hide and seek.


5. We noticed Eunice loves guitar. Whenever EG plays guitar to her, she'll be all quiet, not moving, and just staring at her daddy playing the guitar. She could just sit there quietly and stare at EG playing for >30 minutes sometimes. Even though sometimes EG is not playing the song exactly, but he's sorting out the chords, she'll still just stare at her daddy. We also found that playing guitar to her helps to wind her down esp. at night as after listening for a while, she'll yawn.


6. Eunice is getting playful. Everytime when I pick her up from babysitter, the kakak who took care of her will always tell me that "dia kuat main...". I can imagine that. She will kick her legs and swings her arms excitedly when she got excited. Sometimes when I send her to bbsitter, when they come and pick her up, she already starts smiling at them. Well, at least I know she's happy there. :)

7. She's getting more and more alert of her surrounding. And she likes to hear people talking, as in conversing. Many times I notice she'll just stare at us when I talk to bbsitter while picking her up, or when I'm talking to my friends. And the funny thing is, she'll chuckle when we laugh over some jokes. :)... And she also gets distracted easily if I talk while feeding her. Many times when I was talking to EG while feeding her before sending her to bbsitter, she'll stop sucking, but still having my nipple in her mouth, and look up to see what we're talking. Ahh.. cute, but we had to stop our conversation to make sure she's drinking well. :)

We love to see her grow everyday. And we can somehow see her personality developing along the way. And EG thinks that she's going to be like me - clumsy and not-so-gentle type of girl. Well, I don't really mind as long as she's healthy and happy. That's all I want. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Mamabeh

If getting married is a big decision in one's life, having children is a even bigger milestone in life! Having a life growing inside not only change us physically, mentally & our daily life routines, but it's also amazing that how we have grown closer to move forward for the new life ahead of us.

Eunice's Growth

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers


Day 1 @ 0 mth @ 3.28kg, 50cm
Wk 5 @ 1 mth @ 4.80kg, 51cm
Wk 9 @ 2 mth @ 5.60kg, 52cm
Wk 14 @ 3 mth @ 6.55kg, 57cm
Wk 17 @ 4 mth @ 6.90kg, 61cm
Wk 21 @ 5 mth @ 7.40kg, 62cm
Wk 26 @ 6 mth @ 7.70kg, 64cm
Wk 30 @ 7 mth @ 8.10kg, 67cm
Wk35 @ 8 mth @ 8.30kg, 68cm
Wk40 @ 9 mth @ 8.50kg, 70cm
12 months @ 9kg, 70cm
13 months @ 9.35kg, 74cm
14.5 months @ 9.4kg, 74cm
17 months @ 9.9kg, 74cm
18.5 months @ 10.4kg, 77cm
2 yrs @ 11.5kg, 84cm
2 yrs 5 mth @ 11.9kg, 85cm
2 yrs 8 mth @ 12.2kg, 86.5cm
4 yrs 9 mth @ 17kg

Natalie's Growth

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Day 1 @ 0 mth @ 3.36kg, 51cm
Wk 5 @ 1 mth @ 4.70kg, 55cm
Wk 10 @ 2 mth @ 5.82kg, 57cm
Wk13 @ 3 mth @ 6.40kg, 59cm
Wk18 @ 4 mth @ 6.82kg, 61.5cm
Wk23 @ 5 mth @ 7.13kg, 65cm
Wk29 @ 6 mth @ 7.60kg, 66cm
12.5 mth @ 8.64kg, 70cm
13.5 mth @ 8.86kg, 70cm
18 mth @ 9.20kg, 76cm
2 yrs 1 mth @ 11.3kg, 83.5cm
2 yrs 2 mth @ 12kg

Pageviews Last Week

Popular Posts

Nuffnang Ads

Google Analytics