... Our Wonderful Journey to Parenthood ...


Monday, August 9, 2010

Starting on Solids

Since the day Eunice was born, I pray so hard that she'll grow up faster. I pray that she'll reach 6 months old soon so that I can take a break from breastfeeding / expressing and she'll start to eat like what we eat.

And now, Eunice is going to be 6 months old in a week time. How time flies! Now I hope the time can go slower so that I can enjoy her as a baby now.

Anyway, Dr Dan been asking me if I want to start solid on Eunice when she reached 4 months. After reading up the internet, I have decided to hold back the solid feeding till she's 6 months old to prevent any allergy. And furthermore, Eunice is on breastmilk exclusively - it should be nutritious enough for her till she reach her 6 months.

So I waited. And a week before she turned 6 months old, I have decided to start feeding her some cereal. Even so, I have read up about cereal feeding - whether to buy the instant one, or make my own homemade one. Well, in the end I went for the instant one for our conveniences in the future. There are so many brands out there - and after surveying a few rounds with EG, we have decided to get Why Not? Organic First Flavor Cereal for Eunice.


My first attempt of feeding was quite successful. To my surprise, Eunice took the feeding very well. She will lean forward eagerly to "eat" her cereal, and I followed the tips online to leave the spoon in her mouth for her to chew & swallow the cereal. To remember this special day, I took her pic after fed - so cute right? :)

And I'm glad that I got this Tommee Tippee bib. I tried feeding her in the normal cloth bib and end up the cereal is falling everywhere. And this bib is really cute, it has a pocket in front too - to "takung" all the cereal that the little one spit out. :). And it's very easy to clean it. Just wipe it and leave it there to dry. And use it again during next feed. :)



My naughty girl actually tried to grab the spoon while I'm feeding her. After I'm done feeding her, I gave her the spoon but she didn't know how to control it and she smacked it on her face. Hahaha! So I took it back.

Anyway it's a special experience feeding my little one. I'm going to try with more food on her so that she can taste the different types of food. And I'm going to get busy preparing her food then! :)

And ooohhhh, her poo got smellier after the cereal... Gosh... :).. But as long as she poo, I'm happy. Let's hope that she'll be able to take the other food well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Mamabeh

If getting married is a big decision in one's life, having children is a even bigger milestone in life! Having a life growing inside not only change us physically, mentally & our daily life routines, but it's also amazing that how we have grown closer to move forward for the new life ahead of us.

Eunice's Growth

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers


Day 1 @ 0 mth @ 3.28kg, 50cm
Wk 5 @ 1 mth @ 4.80kg, 51cm
Wk 9 @ 2 mth @ 5.60kg, 52cm
Wk 14 @ 3 mth @ 6.55kg, 57cm
Wk 17 @ 4 mth @ 6.90kg, 61cm
Wk 21 @ 5 mth @ 7.40kg, 62cm
Wk 26 @ 6 mth @ 7.70kg, 64cm
Wk 30 @ 7 mth @ 8.10kg, 67cm
Wk35 @ 8 mth @ 8.30kg, 68cm
Wk40 @ 9 mth @ 8.50kg, 70cm
12 months @ 9kg, 70cm
13 months @ 9.35kg, 74cm
14.5 months @ 9.4kg, 74cm
17 months @ 9.9kg, 74cm
18.5 months @ 10.4kg, 77cm
2 yrs @ 11.5kg, 84cm
2 yrs 5 mth @ 11.9kg, 85cm
2 yrs 8 mth @ 12.2kg, 86.5cm
4 yrs 9 mth @ 17kg

Natalie's Growth

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Day 1 @ 0 mth @ 3.36kg, 51cm
Wk 5 @ 1 mth @ 4.70kg, 55cm
Wk 10 @ 2 mth @ 5.82kg, 57cm
Wk13 @ 3 mth @ 6.40kg, 59cm
Wk18 @ 4 mth @ 6.82kg, 61.5cm
Wk23 @ 5 mth @ 7.13kg, 65cm
Wk29 @ 6 mth @ 7.60kg, 66cm
12.5 mth @ 8.64kg, 70cm
13.5 mth @ 8.86kg, 70cm
18 mth @ 9.20kg, 76cm
2 yrs 1 mth @ 11.3kg, 83.5cm
2 yrs 2 mth @ 12kg

Pageviews Last Week

Popular Posts

Nuffnang Ads

Google Analytics