A friend, who is going to be a mummy soon, asked me to blog about cloth diapers (CD) since she saw me using cloth diapers on Eunice, so, I complied. :)
I read about cloth diapers from a forum before I delivered Eunice, and took some time to find out what it is actually. But I didn't buy.
Reasons:
1) there are SO MANY brands out there
2) The price ranges from as cheap as RM20 per pc to more than RM100 per pc, which really really confused me what the differences are
3) I'm not sure if I'll use it since it's not that cheap, I never like to spend on things that I don't use
During the first two months, since Eunice is breastfed, she poo-ed almost every time after she drank. During then, disposable was the most convenient. But when she started going to babysitter on her 7th week, I noticed her poo poo time reduced to 2-3 times a day, comparing to 7-8 times in the first month of her life. So, after reading up, and some recommendation from friends, the first cloth diapers that I bought was GH (Gift-From-Heaven) brand.
It was a pleasant surprise when I used it. It is not that hard to use, and it's soft - makes me feel that it's gentle to my girl's bum bum. :P. Then, after reading up some reviews again, I got 2 more from Autumnz online. Oh I fell in love with CDs then. A friend coming back from US when Eunice is almost 5 mths old, and I got 3 more CDs from US (just wanted to have a feel of what is the difference between US brands & local brands) - namely Bum Genius, Happy Heinys, and Fuzzi Bunz.
All the CDs allow us to adjust the size - that's why it's called One Size CDs. I can button up the CDs to make it smaller, or unbutton all to make it bigger. That's why CDs are supposed to save cost - since it can be used from S to L. Most CDs can fit toddlers up to 15kg - 18kg.
After comparing, personally, I felt there there's no difference between local brands & US brands. And I think Autumnz has really good reviews, and their price is affordable and reasonable. Besides, they have nice patterns and they give free postage for purchase more than RM50!
Now, I have total of 8 pcs of CDs actively in use, and that's very little actually. I've seen ppl with 20+ CDs to 50+ CDs! Since Eunice is much bigger now, I only use CDs for her during weekend since she normally will have a clean disposable from babysitter that can last her until I change her to sleep. Well, I can actually use CD for her for overnight, but I was too lazy to do the rinsing in the morning esp it's always rushing, so I still use mamypoko.
I have been using CDs since Eunice is close to 3 months old, up till now. They do save me a lot of $$ for disposable diapers since they can be reused over and over again. Of course if I can do exclusive cloth diapering it'll be even better, but I admit I'm lazy, esp. on weekdays. :).
I read about cloth diapers from a forum before I delivered Eunice, and took some time to find out what it is actually. But I didn't buy.
Reasons:
1) there are SO MANY brands out there
2) The price ranges from as cheap as RM20 per pc to more than RM100 per pc, which really really confused me what the differences are
3) I'm not sure if I'll use it since it's not that cheap, I never like to spend on things that I don't use
During the first two months, since Eunice is breastfed, she poo-ed almost every time after she drank. During then, disposable was the most convenient. But when she started going to babysitter on her 7th week, I noticed her poo poo time reduced to 2-3 times a day, comparing to 7-8 times in the first month of her life. So, after reading up, and some recommendation from friends, the first cloth diapers that I bought was GH (Gift-From-Heaven) brand.
It was a pleasant surprise when I used it. It is not that hard to use, and it's soft - makes me feel that it's gentle to my girl's bum bum. :P. Then, after reading up some reviews again, I got 2 more from Autumnz online. Oh I fell in love with CDs then. A friend coming back from US when Eunice is almost 5 mths old, and I got 3 more CDs from US (just wanted to have a feel of what is the difference between US brands & local brands) - namely Bum Genius, Happy Heinys, and Fuzzi Bunz.
All the CDs allow us to adjust the size - that's why it's called One Size CDs. I can button up the CDs to make it smaller, or unbutton all to make it bigger. That's why CDs are supposed to save cost - since it can be used from S to L. Most CDs can fit toddlers up to 15kg - 18kg.
After comparing, personally, I felt there there's no difference between local brands & US brands. And I think Autumnz has really good reviews, and their price is affordable and reasonable. Besides, they have nice patterns and they give free postage for purchase more than RM50!
Now, I have total of 8 pcs of CDs actively in use, and that's very little actually. I've seen ppl with 20+ CDs to 50+ CDs! Since Eunice is much bigger now, I only use CDs for her during weekend since she normally will have a clean disposable from babysitter that can last her until I change her to sleep. Well, I can actually use CD for her for overnight, but I was too lazy to do the rinsing in the morning esp it's always rushing, so I still use mamypoko.
I have been using CDs since Eunice is close to 3 months old, up till now. They do save me a lot of $$ for disposable diapers since they can be reused over and over again. Of course if I can do exclusive cloth diapering it'll be even better, but I admit I'm lazy, esp. on weekdays. :).
So, some pictures on my little girl on CDs.
Eunice @ 7 weeks with Autumnz CD,
noticed that the CD was folded to S size
3 mths old Eunice with Autumnz CD

6 mths old Eunice with Happy Heinys CD
11 mths old Eunice with Autumnz CD
1 yr old Eunice in Happy Heinys CD
Oh, my watermark blocked the diaper.
Anyway, if your eyes are sharp enough,
this is the most recent pic of
my 15 mths old girl on Autumnz CD
(the one she's wearning on 3rd mth pic)
Some asked me, is it troublesome to clean the cloth diapers? Well, it depends. Whenever I change Eunice's CD, I'll rinse it off. If it's just urine, then it's easy. If she poo-ed, then I'll just rinse off to the toilet bowl, and rinse it a bit so that it won't stink my whole toilet, and put them into a pail. In the end of the day, I'll just wash all the CDs all together and hang them dry. Not exactly troublesome but just some extra steps to do. EG encourages me to use CDs a lot as it's environment friendly, besides, like I mentioned, the materials are soft and he feels that his precious girl should feel very comfortable in CDs - esp when they are also breathable.
When Eunice is on CDs, I normally don't wear pants for her since she looks really cute in those prints. :)... But for the CDs on velcro, she knows how to take it off. So, I have to put on pants for her for velcro CDs.
PS: There are a lot of information online on how to use a cloth diapers. You can also find it in Autumnz website too.
When Eunice is on CDs, I normally don't wear pants for her since she looks really cute in those prints. :)... But for the CDs on velcro, she knows how to take it off. So, I have to put on pants for her for velcro CDs.
PS: There are a lot of information online on how to use a cloth diapers. You can also find it in Autumnz website too.


No comments:
Post a Comment