... Our Wonderful Journey to Parenthood ...


Sunday, July 31, 2011

Eunice @ 17.5 months

I read back the last post I wrote on Eunice's speech. It's really amazing to see how fast our little girl has grown up. EG and I have been telling each other that she is now a big girl already, no more a baby. :)

For the past months, she'll wave good bye and fly kiss to us everytime we drop her at babysitter's place. And when we're picking her up, she'll be standing at the door happily waving and pointing at us while babysitter packing up her stuff to give back to us. And sometimes, she'll even say bye to her other friends there, or some other older toddlers will come and say "Goodbye Eunice". It makes us feel very relief sending her to the babysitter's place knowing that she has her friends there.

For her speech development, she can say more words now. She picks up fast. She used to say "bish-bish" but now she can say "fish-fish". :). Every morning when I change her diaper, I'll tell her this is diaper, she'll answer me back "ah-ple"... but when I showed her apple, she also told me "ah-ple". :). And any yellow animal in sitting position is "duck duck". And she loves to play with "ball ball" too.

She has a tigger in the room. We always ask her where's the tiger? She'll go hit the tail. And when we brought her to Parkson today, I saw tigger's picture on the wall and I asked her what's that? She said "Tai-tai"! She now recognises the "Sss-tar" shape. And she loves to eat bananas, she calls them "Na-na!". :). She showed me a yellow color card that day, and told me "Na-na!". I was truly surprised.

I pray for her every night before she sleeps. Amazingly, she'll lie down quietly, eyes open wide with a smile on her face everytime I say my prayer for her. When I end my prayer with Amen, she'll be eagerly saying "Ah-mi" too. I'll tell her, Good night girl, time to sleep sleep, see you tomorrow, and give her a fly kiss. And she'll return a fly kiss back to me, and started tossing in her bed till she falls asleep herself.

She imitates us nowadays. Once, EG passed gas in the toilet in the morning. She heard it, and she made the same sound using her mouth, then looked at me, and started to giggle away. Gee.... :)... And when I did something extraordinary, I'll tell EG Ta-daa.. and she repeated after me. So, we have to be really careful with our speech nowadays so that our little one won't pick up any bad words. Hehe....

She suddenly loves soft toys very much. She will smile happily when I gave her her Patrick the dog. And when I gave her my big doggie that sleeps with me since the past 3 years, she'll be even happier. The doggie is as big as her but she'll sleep on it. So, she took over my doggie. :(. And as of date now, there are 5 soft toys in her bed sleeping with her now.

As she grows, she became more manja recently too. When she dirty her hands while eating, she'll make a kind of face, shouting "Ooooooo....!" and give you her hand, and we'll HAVE TO clean it for her before she can continue eating. And if she accidentally trips or falls down, she'll make the really sad face and run to us to "ba ba" (bao bao, i.e. hug hug in chinese :P).

I finally has started giving her formula. And after trying anmum and enfa, my babysitter told me she could drink enfa faster (probably tastes nicer since sweeter). I have also tried making the first formula milk for my girl last weekend and to my surprise, she's taking it VERY WELL. No rejection at all. Once we went out, she pointed at my breasts and told me "neh neh", I told her to wait till we reach the car. And when I got into the car, I made the milk in front of her and gave her the bottle. She said happily "neh nehhh" and took the bottle and started to drink. Looks like weaning is not very hard for me. :)

And EG said, now she has personality already. She doesn't let other people carry her much. She'll fold her arms together and put her head away on our shoulder. :D. And she doesn't simply smile to anyone now - unlike when she's young. She's not that friendly anymore. Well, the daddy is actually happy about this as he thinks it's safer this way. :)

Our little girl has been bringing smiles to our faces everyday. We really thank God that she has been growing up well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Mamabeh

If getting married is a big decision in one's life, having children is a even bigger milestone in life! Having a life growing inside not only change us physically, mentally & our daily life routines, but it's also amazing that how we have grown closer to move forward for the new life ahead of us.

Eunice's Growth

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers


Day 1 @ 0 mth @ 3.28kg, 50cm
Wk 5 @ 1 mth @ 4.80kg, 51cm
Wk 9 @ 2 mth @ 5.60kg, 52cm
Wk 14 @ 3 mth @ 6.55kg, 57cm
Wk 17 @ 4 mth @ 6.90kg, 61cm
Wk 21 @ 5 mth @ 7.40kg, 62cm
Wk 26 @ 6 mth @ 7.70kg, 64cm
Wk 30 @ 7 mth @ 8.10kg, 67cm
Wk35 @ 8 mth @ 8.30kg, 68cm
Wk40 @ 9 mth @ 8.50kg, 70cm
12 months @ 9kg, 70cm
13 months @ 9.35kg, 74cm
14.5 months @ 9.4kg, 74cm
17 months @ 9.9kg, 74cm
18.5 months @ 10.4kg, 77cm
2 yrs @ 11.5kg, 84cm
2 yrs 5 mth @ 11.9kg, 85cm
2 yrs 8 mth @ 12.2kg, 86.5cm
4 yrs 9 mth @ 17kg

Natalie's Growth

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Day 1 @ 0 mth @ 3.36kg, 51cm
Wk 5 @ 1 mth @ 4.70kg, 55cm
Wk 10 @ 2 mth @ 5.82kg, 57cm
Wk13 @ 3 mth @ 6.40kg, 59cm
Wk18 @ 4 mth @ 6.82kg, 61.5cm
Wk23 @ 5 mth @ 7.13kg, 65cm
Wk29 @ 6 mth @ 7.60kg, 66cm
12.5 mth @ 8.64kg, 70cm
13.5 mth @ 8.86kg, 70cm
18 mth @ 9.20kg, 76cm
2 yrs 1 mth @ 11.3kg, 83.5cm
2 yrs 2 mth @ 12kg

Pageviews Last Week

Popular Posts

Nuffnang Ads

Google Analytics