... Our Wonderful Journey to Parenthood ...


Friday, December 28, 2012

Natalie's Update

Once, a friend told me, you won't enjoy when you have the first baby because you're too stress up, for the 2nd baby you'll enjoy it much more. And that's what I am experiencing now. :)

Since we took care of Eunice ourselves, both EG and I were kinda ready to go through all the "hardship" again with Natalie's arrival. However, I thank God that Natalie is a much easier baby than Eunice. She enjoys going out, and she sleeps most of the time. She sits in her stroller and she's quiet as long as she's carried. :)

Time really flies with 2 kids at home. We're just busy with house work and preparing meals/milk for the kids and Natalie is already 4.5 moths old, going to be 5 months old soon.We're very happy with our little girl's milestone. In her 2nd month+, she could actually turn from her back to her tummy. She gave us a shock. What a strong girl.

At her 4th month now, Natalie can:
1. Lift head while lying on tummy @ her 1st month
2. Reponds to sound since confinement
3. Stares at faces since confinement
4. Follow objects with eyes since confinement
5. Gurgles and coos @ her 2nd month
6. Hold her head up high @ her 2nd month
7. Turns from back to tummy @ her 2nd month
8. Does mini push up @ her 3rd month
9. Rolls all over the mat from tummy to back to tummy @ her 3rd month
10. Grasp a toy with her hands @ her 3rd month +
11. Smiles & laughs

Whenever I carry Nat up on a sitting position, she'd "stand" on my tummy with her legs straight. :).. We do think she has very strong legs. Even confinement lady said that.

And the best part about Natalie is, at her 4 mths+, since 19th Dec, she has been sleeping through the night! Her last feed is normally around 8pm-9pm, and she'd sleep for 12 hours, sometimes even longer, without waking up to drink. I tried picking her up to direct latch but she cried. I was worried initially, but later I read that sleeping is more important than drinking. So, I let her be. Hence, as impossible as it sounded, I also started to sleep through the night. What a luxury it is! I could actually do some of my stuff after she sleeps.

I have to agree with some ppl that Natalie is a very contented baby. We brought her to watch a musical play from our church on Christmas, All Nat did was to lie on my chest, slept 2 rounds, woke up but stayed on my chest quietly, throughout the whole 2 hours! I could actually finish watching the whole play! :)

And yes, she's breastfed, of course. She doesn't drink as much as Eunice, at least 30% less, but her weight gain is on par with Eunice's with Eunice was a baby, hence Dr said there's nothing to be worried about since her weight growth is above average. She sleeps more than she drinks, I guess she grows in her dream. :)

26/10 - Flipped herself

Doing push up


@ Altera Family Day :)
My pretty little girl

2/12 - Sitting straight up in her bumbo

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Mamabeh

If getting married is a big decision in one's life, having children is a even bigger milestone in life! Having a life growing inside not only change us physically, mentally & our daily life routines, but it's also amazing that how we have grown closer to move forward for the new life ahead of us.

Eunice's Growth

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers


Day 1 @ 0 mth @ 3.28kg, 50cm
Wk 5 @ 1 mth @ 4.80kg, 51cm
Wk 9 @ 2 mth @ 5.60kg, 52cm
Wk 14 @ 3 mth @ 6.55kg, 57cm
Wk 17 @ 4 mth @ 6.90kg, 61cm
Wk 21 @ 5 mth @ 7.40kg, 62cm
Wk 26 @ 6 mth @ 7.70kg, 64cm
Wk 30 @ 7 mth @ 8.10kg, 67cm
Wk35 @ 8 mth @ 8.30kg, 68cm
Wk40 @ 9 mth @ 8.50kg, 70cm
12 months @ 9kg, 70cm
13 months @ 9.35kg, 74cm
14.5 months @ 9.4kg, 74cm
17 months @ 9.9kg, 74cm
18.5 months @ 10.4kg, 77cm
2 yrs @ 11.5kg, 84cm
2 yrs 5 mth @ 11.9kg, 85cm
2 yrs 8 mth @ 12.2kg, 86.5cm
4 yrs 9 mth @ 17kg

Natalie's Growth

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Day 1 @ 0 mth @ 3.36kg, 51cm
Wk 5 @ 1 mth @ 4.70kg, 55cm
Wk 10 @ 2 mth @ 5.82kg, 57cm
Wk13 @ 3 mth @ 6.40kg, 59cm
Wk18 @ 4 mth @ 6.82kg, 61.5cm
Wk23 @ 5 mth @ 7.13kg, 65cm
Wk29 @ 6 mth @ 7.60kg, 66cm
12.5 mth @ 8.64kg, 70cm
13.5 mth @ 8.86kg, 70cm
18 mth @ 9.20kg, 76cm
2 yrs 1 mth @ 11.3kg, 83.5cm
2 yrs 2 mth @ 12kg

Pageviews Last Week

Popular Posts

Nuffnang Ads

Google Analytics