... Our Wonderful Journey to Parenthood ...


Friday, December 28, 2012

Breastfeeding Journey II

When I found out I was pregnant, EG asked me if I want to upgrade my breastpump. Of course I want. :)... I was using Unimom for Eunice's time. It served me well. But this round, knowing that it's going to be another long journey, I bought Medela Pump In Style Advanced instead. I got it from Amazon.com and EG's colleague was really kind to help me to bring all the way back to Penang for me!

I have read that for 2nd baby, mother will have more milk. I prayed for that. During pregnancy, I felt my breast duct was a bit painful, the sensation is similar to when I had mastitis during Eunice's time. I was worried that it'll be a roadblock for me to breastfeed my baby. Thank God the sensation went away in my later part of my pregnancy.

EG said I have breastfed Eunice for 19.5 months, so I must do the same for Natalie, if not more, to be fair he said. :).. Well, I agree.

I direct latched Natalie after she's born. No bottle feeding. I insisted to direct feed. When I came home on my 4th day (I stayed extra day to observe Nat's jaundice), I felt my breast was very engorged. So I pumped, and I got 6oz output! Wow, amazing.

I pump once a day during confinement to clear my breasts. I can get 7oz easily, while I direct fed Natalie most of the time. So in the end, I fed Eunice my breastmilk since I dunno what to do with it. :)

After I started working, my supply was abundant. Averagely I get 8-10oz on my every pump session. And I tried not to over supply, hence I still only pump 3 times a day, even Nat has slept through the night. And I still get 27oz-30oz of output everyday. As a result? Not only my freezer is full, now both my girls are on breastmilk fully. Yes, you heard it right! Eunice is on breastmilk AGAIN. :)

I tried not to stuff up my freezer since EG didn't want to buy another freezer for me. I have to agree with him that as long as it's enough supply, no point stocking up so much. My girlfriend told me, it's a good problem actually. I have to agree with her. Oversupply is always better than under supply.

I love my new pump. I could get 7-10oz in 15 minutes. My friends sharing the same pumping room in office often shocked with my efficiency! It's good because work is crazily busy  now and I won't take so long in the room pumping like during Eunice's time.

I sure hope I can breastfeed Nat up to 2 years old. For 2nd baby, even breastfeeding is such an enjoying process. :).. Guess my friend is right, with a good pump, it surely makes the breastfeeding journey more pleasure! :)

4th day post partum, my golden creamy milk

My new companion for the next 18 months, or more :)

National day present - pumped 14 oz one go!

Freezer door full during confinement

1.5 mths post delivery

Effect of durians - 19oz one go! I also went @.@!!!

My freezer today on 28 Dec 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Mamabeh

If getting married is a big decision in one's life, having children is a even bigger milestone in life! Having a life growing inside not only change us physically, mentally & our daily life routines, but it's also amazing that how we have grown closer to move forward for the new life ahead of us.

Eunice's Growth

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers


Day 1 @ 0 mth @ 3.28kg, 50cm
Wk 5 @ 1 mth @ 4.80kg, 51cm
Wk 9 @ 2 mth @ 5.60kg, 52cm
Wk 14 @ 3 mth @ 6.55kg, 57cm
Wk 17 @ 4 mth @ 6.90kg, 61cm
Wk 21 @ 5 mth @ 7.40kg, 62cm
Wk 26 @ 6 mth @ 7.70kg, 64cm
Wk 30 @ 7 mth @ 8.10kg, 67cm
Wk35 @ 8 mth @ 8.30kg, 68cm
Wk40 @ 9 mth @ 8.50kg, 70cm
12 months @ 9kg, 70cm
13 months @ 9.35kg, 74cm
14.5 months @ 9.4kg, 74cm
17 months @ 9.9kg, 74cm
18.5 months @ 10.4kg, 77cm
2 yrs @ 11.5kg, 84cm
2 yrs 5 mth @ 11.9kg, 85cm
2 yrs 8 mth @ 12.2kg, 86.5cm
4 yrs 9 mth @ 17kg

Natalie's Growth

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Day 1 @ 0 mth @ 3.36kg, 51cm
Wk 5 @ 1 mth @ 4.70kg, 55cm
Wk 10 @ 2 mth @ 5.82kg, 57cm
Wk13 @ 3 mth @ 6.40kg, 59cm
Wk18 @ 4 mth @ 6.82kg, 61.5cm
Wk23 @ 5 mth @ 7.13kg, 65cm
Wk29 @ 6 mth @ 7.60kg, 66cm
12.5 mth @ 8.64kg, 70cm
13.5 mth @ 8.86kg, 70cm
18 mth @ 9.20kg, 76cm
2 yrs 1 mth @ 11.3kg, 83.5cm
2 yrs 2 mth @ 12kg

Pageviews Last Week

Popular Posts

Nuffnang Ads

Google Analytics