... Our Wonderful Journey to Parenthood ...


Thursday, October 24, 2013

Review: KAO Merries Walker Pants Diapers

One of my blogger friends, Shu-Yin, asked if I'd be interested in trying out a new diaper brand in the market, and write a review of the product in my blog. This is the first time I get such request, and first time I write a product review.

Everytime I go for my grocery shopping, I'll check out the diaper offers. Having a 2nd kid now gives me a much better estimation on how much I should stock on which size, considering that both my girls grow almost the same rate. And I saw this new diapers, Kao Merries, in AEON recently. My first thought was, Hmm, expensive.

KAO Merries diapers display in AEON
So, when I was asked to try out this new diaper, I was more than happy to do that, especially since both my girls are still on disposable diapers.

When I received the package, I was eager to open up the box and happily found two packets of diapers in the box for my girls - 24xXL for Eunice, and 33xM for Natalie. Besides, it also has a bunny rattle, and a CD.

XL diapers (12-22kg) for Eunice

M diapers (6-10kg) for Natalie

Kao merries bunny rattle

I like the packaging of the diapers. It has a handle which makes it very easy to be carried around. I could carry two packets together and put them into my store room easily. Unlike the usual diapers that I bought, Kao Merrie's diaper handle doesn't cut into my hand.

Handle for easy carry
The instruction on the package are all in Japanese. Well, as a mother of two, I can easily guess it from the pictures on how I should use it. In the package, it also contains another small leaflet of instructions in English.

On the next day, I tried it on Natalie. My 14mo now weighs 8.5kg+ per the last weigh last month. Usually I'll buy a size bigger for her for the usual brands that I have been using, ie L size. However, when I requested for the sample, I only gave her Natalie's weight and she gave me M size. The first thing that came across my mind is, will the diaper cut into my chubby baby's thigh? Will it be too tight?

When I took out the diaper, I already can feel the difference from the usual ones that I have been using. It's much softer. Then, I thought, it doesn't look like it can contain a lot of urine? One of the reasons why I don't use cloth diaper on Natalie is because her pee pee amount is quite big. When she's on cloth diaper, the whole diaper will be soaking wet in just 1-2 hrs, unlike Eunice who pee in small amount everytime, she could wear cloth diaper for 3-4 hours, and sometimes longer.


When I put it on Natalie, I am surprise that even if it's M size, it fits her nicely. The thigh, the private part, all fit in nicely. I don't see her flesh being "squeezed".

First wearing the new diaper
See the blue tape at the back of the diaper? It took me a while to think what's that for, even EG asked me. And later on I found that it's to tape up the soiled diaper. Brilliant design.


Back view

However after a while, I found that the blue tape could un-done itself easily. It's quite frustrating as it sticks to some of the surfaces where my baby goes. I tried wearing dress or pants over it but if the frequency of taking on and off the pants often was high, it'll also be undone easily. Else, it's working good. It'd be better if the tape is more sticky.

Front view
 As a usual active baby, Natalie couldn't wait to get up and started playing around. According to the instruction, I should wear the diaper band above her belly button but her belly is not small, and it keeps slipping down. However, this doesn't affect neither the way the diaper works, nor the baby.

I watched her moving around with the diapers. She looked comfortable it in. Squatting up and down, walking around as usual. No complain of any discomfort. No red marks on the thigh or waist after moving for an hour. And I could see the diaper fits her snugly.

 
Sitting down, see the band comfortably fit onto my baby
Squatting down playing the blocks

After two hours of my first trial on the diaper, Natalie poo poo-ed. Good. I tried to tear off the sides of the diaper, it was easily done. I remember using another brand on Eunice previously and poo poo in a diaper pants was a nightmare as it was so hard to tear the side or remove the diapers. However, this time, it was done easily and beautifully. There's no leaking, and I could tape up the soiled diaper. Very good design. Even EG is impressed.

Soiled diaper taped up

I let Natalie sleep in the diapers, started first with afternoon nap. Kao Merries unique super absorbent really live up to its standard. Natalie normally naps for 2 hours in the afternoon. There's no leaking and she still looks perfectly comfortable in the diapers though I didn't change it immediately. To put it to another extreme case, I let her sleep with it at night. My sleeping beauty sleeps early, from 830pm all the way till 730am on weekend (woke up midnight once occasionally and 6am another time). Then, as a lazy mum, once she wakes up on weekend, I won't change her diaper immediately. I normally only change after her breakfast. And to my surprise, 1) the diaper doesn't look bulky after wearing for 12hrs+, 2) it's not as heavy and as smelly as the usual diaper that I've been using (for the same number of hours of wearing), and 3) best thing is, when I change her diaper, there's no marks of redness or rashes at all. I give credit to Kao Merries' design which allows maximum air flow, and baby can enjoy maximum dryness and comfort. Thumbs up!

Diapers while zzz

Taking her nap

Another design that I like about Kao Merries is the wetness indicator. It's in light yellow color when it's unused, and after a while, when baby pees more, the indicator will change color to dark green. When I see that, I know it's time to change diaper. Easy. :)

Wetness indicator in yellow prior use

Indicator changed color to dark green - time to change!
Another observation that I have is, as I mentioned, Natalie pees in quite a big amount. Her usual diaper normally will become very wet and heavy after a few hours if she pees. When I wear dress for her without a panty, the diaper will normally drop down and I can see the diaper below her dress hanging halfway while she's walking around. I don't really like that sight. But with Kao Merries, thanks to its super absorbency, the diaper doesn't become bulky or heavy even she pees. She looks perfect in her short dresses as the diaper was nicely hidden underneath her dress. Hence, when I go out for functions or dinner, Kao Merries is surely my first choice for Natalie. :)

Next test - to test on Eunice. Eunice is toilet trained in day time, but at night she still wants to wear a diaper. I have told her to not wearing it but she is not comfortable. Well, I don't force her. So she's still on diaper while sleeping.

Eunice is now 13+kg, close to 14kg. So the sample given was XL size - fits her nicely. The waist band looks soft and gentle on her. She doesn't complain anything when I wear for her - that's good.

XL size diaper on my ~14kg girl

Side view

 I asked her to move around with the diaper - so she did. Lied down, walk around, jump, sit. I asked her if the new diaper is nice, she said Yes. :)

Lying down comfortably

Same wetness indicator

Back view
For Eunice, I know she pees in diaper early in the morning like 3-4am once. The only observation that I see is same as Natalie's case - for a 3y8m old toddler, her pee amount can be A LOT. For her usual diaper, it'll be so heavy and bulky, but for Kao Merries - it still looks the same. Probably slightly bulky as it's holding quite a bit urine amount, but not as bulky as the usual one that I am using. It's not as smelly too. :)

Even now Eunice knows how to ask for new diapers when we wear diaper for her before her bed time.

All in all, Kao Merries is now in my top list. Though it's quite pricey but it's worth for its quality.
Double thumbs up for Kao Merries from me and my girls.

To Purchase
Currently Merries is available exclusively at AEON and AEON BIG selected outlets.

For more info, you may visit Kao Malaysia website.
Or MYMerries Facebook Page.


* Disclosure: All text and opinions are of my own honest opinion of the product. The sample received are for review purpose, no monetary incentive was received.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Mamabeh

If getting married is a big decision in one's life, having children is a even bigger milestone in life! Having a life growing inside not only change us physically, mentally & our daily life routines, but it's also amazing that how we have grown closer to move forward for the new life ahead of us.

Eunice's Growth

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers


Day 1 @ 0 mth @ 3.28kg, 50cm
Wk 5 @ 1 mth @ 4.80kg, 51cm
Wk 9 @ 2 mth @ 5.60kg, 52cm
Wk 14 @ 3 mth @ 6.55kg, 57cm
Wk 17 @ 4 mth @ 6.90kg, 61cm
Wk 21 @ 5 mth @ 7.40kg, 62cm
Wk 26 @ 6 mth @ 7.70kg, 64cm
Wk 30 @ 7 mth @ 8.10kg, 67cm
Wk35 @ 8 mth @ 8.30kg, 68cm
Wk40 @ 9 mth @ 8.50kg, 70cm
12 months @ 9kg, 70cm
13 months @ 9.35kg, 74cm
14.5 months @ 9.4kg, 74cm
17 months @ 9.9kg, 74cm
18.5 months @ 10.4kg, 77cm
2 yrs @ 11.5kg, 84cm
2 yrs 5 mth @ 11.9kg, 85cm
2 yrs 8 mth @ 12.2kg, 86.5cm
4 yrs 9 mth @ 17kg

Natalie's Growth

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Day 1 @ 0 mth @ 3.36kg, 51cm
Wk 5 @ 1 mth @ 4.70kg, 55cm
Wk 10 @ 2 mth @ 5.82kg, 57cm
Wk13 @ 3 mth @ 6.40kg, 59cm
Wk18 @ 4 mth @ 6.82kg, 61.5cm
Wk23 @ 5 mth @ 7.13kg, 65cm
Wk29 @ 6 mth @ 7.60kg, 66cm
12.5 mth @ 8.64kg, 70cm
13.5 mth @ 8.86kg, 70cm
18 mth @ 9.20kg, 76cm
2 yrs 1 mth @ 11.3kg, 83.5cm
2 yrs 2 mth @ 12kg

Pageviews Last Week

Popular Posts

Nuffnang Ads

Google Analytics