When we picked up Eunice from the babysitter few weeks ago, babysitter told us that every Monday, Eunice will protest whenever they bottlefeed her with breastmilk. But of course after a while she'll give in and drink on the following days. However, thinking about her crying for my breasts while feeling hungry breaks my heart.
So, I told EG we have to try to bottlefeed her during the weekends in the day time.
And so we did.
Initially, the little cutie pie will CRY~~~ but later on she'll suck on well. Then later we found out that she will only drink well when she's VERY HUNGRY. So, we always make sure that she's really hungry before we fed her in bottle. And also, everytime after her feed, she'll look at EG with her two big eyes - as if she got cheated big time. EG had to apologize to her many times and explain to her that bottlefeeding is to help her better when she goes babysitter on Monday.

Later on, it gets easier and easier to bottlefeed Eunice. And EG the daddy also developed his skills to bottlefeed her better. He'll cool her down, sing to her, praise her saying she's a good and smart girl, and burp her in between if she can't drink well. Slowly, Eunice has developed trust over EG and now, she'd smile to EG after feed - at least that means she's happy and contented. :)
Everytime when EG feeds her, I will try to hide everywhere in the house so that she won't see me. Whenever she wakes up from her nap, I'll have to call EG to pick her up if she fusses and prepare the milk beforehand so that EG can feed her straight away, and she won't see me and she won't ask for my breasts.
One Sunday, we tried to bottlefeed her before we went church, but she didn't want to drink (guess she wasn't hungry yet). So fine. I wasn't very happy coz I didn't want to throw away my 4.5oz of precious breastmilk and I brought the bottle out in case she's hungry within an hour. And viola, the little one started to fuss when we're reaching church. And I thought since EG has been bottlefeeding her for the past few weekends, she should be more accustomed to bottle so I stuffed in the bottle for her and expect her to suck and drink.
BUT... she didn't! :(... She only sucked for 1 second, then pushed out the teat with her tongue, making some unhappy noise, then turned her face towards my breast. :(... In the end, I had no choice and let EG fed her with bottle in church while I went down to car park to bring up her stroller (and because of this he skipped his prayer meet) and the little monster finished all the milk!
So now because EG has been meeting her needs to feed her during weekends day time, Eunice has officially became a daddy's girl...
And I think Eunice misses her daddy very much on Monday because babysitter told me Eunice cried a lot on Monday... :( .. and asked if we keep holding her during weekends... :P
And her daddy misses her like crazy especially on Mondays since he has been feeding her during the weekend...
And mummy is very jealous because she can't bottlefeed her baby.... and she feels that Eunice is more attached to her daddy now.... hmm....


No comments:
Post a Comment