So what can Eunice do now?
1. She can smile now. It's the real smile... The previous smilings were only reflexes but now if you smile to her, she'll smile back. Sometimes she'll even laugh (with no sound) with mouth open big. It looks really cute because she has no teeth now.. :P... It just melts our hearts everytime and brightens our days. :)

2. She can do her baby talk. Since her 3rd weeks, I noticed she has vocabulary rather than just crying. Over the time, the vocabulary increases and now she can talk more to you. She can talk to you like she is trying to tell you something. Or when she's not very happy she'll talk like she's complaining about something. :). I bought a clip-on fan for her thinking we might be able to use it on stroller or car seat. While testing, I clipped it on playpen and tried on her and again, she got all excited looking at the LED light changing. The next thing we know is, she started talking to it. Huhuhu... Must be thinking the lights are responding to her. So cute right? :). But it's not cute when I try to sleep her and she starts to talk to me with her sweet sweet voice. It's a big NO-NO to respond to her as she'll think it's playing time. So I had to ignore her... so kesian, but still so cute... :)
3. She can focus now. She can focus on things and follow you when you walk around. We did an experiment on that. EG tried to walk around her playpen and her eyes followed him when he's walking. And she also looked at EG when he went upstair or came downstair. Guess now she's no more heavy short sighted but can see much clearer now. :)
4. She has fwens now. :). EG bought a very simple cot mobile for her in her first month but she didn't give any response to it then. But since last few weeks, she has been looking at them and when we turned the music on, she'll get all excited and her legs started to kick vigorously with her smiley face. In the morning I'll get her to talk to her friends while EG and I are getting ready to go work.
5. She can lift her head up for quite long now. Her neck is getting stronger. It's so much easier to burp her now. She will sit straight for you to burp her (as long as she's not sleeping :P) and the success rate for me to burp her now has increased to almost 95%! :)
6. She wants attention. She cannot sleep in the playpen for too long alone as she'll get bored. And she's start making noise. All you need to do is just to sit beside her playpen and talk to her. She'll be all happy again. :)
7. Now she doesn't want to lie in her playpen IF she's not sleepy. So now I really appreciate the rocking chair that EG's colleague gave us as a gift - which initially I thought it won't be much great use. I'm even thinking of getting a bumbo chair now but it costs a bomb for a small thing like that! :P

8. She now knows day and night (i think :P)... She sleeps shorter period in the day time (max 1 to 1.5 hours), but at night she can sleep for 3-4 hours in a stretch. I think we're consider lucky that now from 7th weeks onwards, she can sleep from 11pm onwards till 3am for feed, and continue to sleep till I wake her up at 6.30am for feed again before sending to babysitter. But sometimes she's still a naughty girl and wants her daddy to hold her to sleep occasionally. It's not very easy when you need to carry AND WALK someone who's close to 6kg for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Pamper once a while is OK but I'm not making it a habit for her either since I think she knows her daddy is pampering her like crazy. :)
9. She's a smart girl now and she knows how to put her hand into her mouth! :P... I don't wear mittens for her unless she's sleeping. And at first she put her fist near her mouth and started licking her hand, and now she knows how to suck her thumb! It's so cute when I first saw it but of course I had to pull it out to make sure it doesn't become a habit for her. :)
EG can even observe that she's now developing her personality. But anyway, we're just so happy with her everyday though sometimes it's tiring. As time goes, we find that baby taking care is getting easier along the way. And to see this little one grows everyday, it just warms our heart everytime.
Parenthood is just so wonderful. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment