... Our Wonderful Journey to Parenthood ...


Saturday, March 3, 2012

Eunice is TWO :)

I'm back. :).

A friend asked if the end of my breastfeeding journey also means the end of my blog. Hehe... Lots of things are going on so it's a challenge for me to find time to blog. Moreover, Eunice will want us to show her the youtubes whenever she sees us in front of the computer. So, both me and EG restricted ourselves to be in front of the PC when she's with us at home.

Anyway, my girl has turned 2 last month. I just couldn't believe that time flies so fast and she's now 2 years old. Very often EG and I looking at her sleeping in her bed, and telling each other, "She has grown so much... she used to be just a small baby that took up just 1/4 of her bed but now there's hardly 1/4 space for her in her bed now."... :)

I couldn't believe that I have been a mum for 2 years. Her arrival has turned my whole life up side down. Ya, now you can call me auntie. I admit it. My topics with friends are always about kids - cooking for kids, schools, training, disciplining, etc etc. But the joy of motherhood is just indescribable. I am just the happiest mum in the world everytime when Eunice eats her meals that I cook for her and tell me it's nice, or when she listens to my instructions, or when we witness the milestone that she's hitting at every stage. She's definitely a joy in our life.

Beginning of her 18 mths, I have noticed she can hum some rhythms at the right tune... slowly, she put words into it, and now at her 2 years old, she can sing many many songs. She sings ABC, If you're happy and you know it, Twinkle twinkle little star, Itsy Bitsy spider, Me and my teddy bear, and many many other nursery rhymes. The biggest advantage of us sending her to a Christian babysitter is that she's also listening to Christian songs, she sings Jesus loves me this I know (I got shocked when I heard it the first time!), Deep & Wide, Kumbaya my Lord, and etc. She can even do it with action and she never fails to make us feel so proud of her!

For her speech development, she is now talking A LOT. At her 18 mths onwards, she's saying more on words, and slowly, now she's already speaking in sentences. She can tell you "Ger ger throw away already" when we asked where's her sticker.. or "Elmo sleep WITH mummy..." So nowadays, it's much easier for us to communicate with her because we can now understand each other better. :).

To our amazement, a month before she became 2 yrs old, not only she can count 1 to 10, and read A to Z, but she can also recognize some of the letters. We noticed that when she suddenly pointed at one of the letters on the wall when we were out and told us that's an "M".. I tested it at home and found out she could recognize a few of the letters. :).. For numbers, she can almost recognize all of them.

For her motor development, she now can jump, run, throw ball over her head (EG said he read that it's also a milestone :P), and now she's trying to cycle on the tricycle that we got for her 2nd birthday.

As she grows, we also noticed a few things about her, she's very hygienic. If we want her to bath, we just need to tell her that she's dirty or smelly, and she'll go bathe. She doesn't like to be dirty, She will request us (erm, more like shout at us) to clean it for her. She is a good helper. :)... EG has let her go to car porch while he's doing the washing, and also let her tried wiping her own table after her meals, she happily does it and never mess up anything. Obviously EG is very happy. And she's quite tidy too. The TV & astro remote controls must be put at a certain position, the wardrobe or tv cabinet must be closed at all time, her soft toys arrangement on the bed must follow certain pattern. She's gentle too, so far she closes all the doors, drawers or cabinets slowly & gently, she doesn't spoil our stuff, and she keeps her toys.

Both EG and I are really proud of our little girl. Though she's always shy with strangers or outsiders, which make her look a bit rude sometimes - because she refuses to let others to carry, and she avoids eye contacts with others, but I think this is just her personality that we should try to accept. I try to improve this by bringing her out more often but it doesn't really help. However, she's good with children. She can play with them nicely even if she has not met them before. :)

Babysitter told me at her place (with many other children), Eunice doesn't beat or bully others. Now she thinks she's tai ka che because she'll tell other younger babies or toddlers "No no!", "Sit here!", "Open mouth" or even tease at others when they cry - very often when I pick her up, she'll run out and tell me "Mami, jayden cry WA~~~~~".. Even babysitter laughs at her and now we call her the monitor (class monitor) because she now gives instructions to everyone. :)

All in all, I am really glad that my girl has grown up well. I thank God for His continuous blessing upon this family and even for first time parents like EG and I who don't have any help in this island (since our parents are all not here), we could still pull through and our girl has grown up well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Mamabeh

If getting married is a big decision in one's life, having children is a even bigger milestone in life! Having a life growing inside not only change us physically, mentally & our daily life routines, but it's also amazing that how we have grown closer to move forward for the new life ahead of us.

Eunice's Growth

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers


Day 1 @ 0 mth @ 3.28kg, 50cm
Wk 5 @ 1 mth @ 4.80kg, 51cm
Wk 9 @ 2 mth @ 5.60kg, 52cm
Wk 14 @ 3 mth @ 6.55kg, 57cm
Wk 17 @ 4 mth @ 6.90kg, 61cm
Wk 21 @ 5 mth @ 7.40kg, 62cm
Wk 26 @ 6 mth @ 7.70kg, 64cm
Wk 30 @ 7 mth @ 8.10kg, 67cm
Wk35 @ 8 mth @ 8.30kg, 68cm
Wk40 @ 9 mth @ 8.50kg, 70cm
12 months @ 9kg, 70cm
13 months @ 9.35kg, 74cm
14.5 months @ 9.4kg, 74cm
17 months @ 9.9kg, 74cm
18.5 months @ 10.4kg, 77cm
2 yrs @ 11.5kg, 84cm
2 yrs 5 mth @ 11.9kg, 85cm
2 yrs 8 mth @ 12.2kg, 86.5cm
4 yrs 9 mth @ 17kg

Natalie's Growth

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Day 1 @ 0 mth @ 3.36kg, 51cm
Wk 5 @ 1 mth @ 4.70kg, 55cm
Wk 10 @ 2 mth @ 5.82kg, 57cm
Wk13 @ 3 mth @ 6.40kg, 59cm
Wk18 @ 4 mth @ 6.82kg, 61.5cm
Wk23 @ 5 mth @ 7.13kg, 65cm
Wk29 @ 6 mth @ 7.60kg, 66cm
12.5 mth @ 8.64kg, 70cm
13.5 mth @ 8.86kg, 70cm
18 mth @ 9.20kg, 76cm
2 yrs 1 mth @ 11.3kg, 83.5cm
2 yrs 2 mth @ 12kg

Pageviews Last Week

Popular Posts

Nuffnang Ads

Google Analytics