We have recently changed our pediatrician from Island Hospital to Adventist Hospital. Reason: Adventist has night clinic which is much more convenient for working parents like us.
When Eunice was probably at her 1.5 yrs old, I noticed she cried when 1) nurse asked her to go into the small box in Island hospital to take her height 2) when we entered doctor's clinic. She will start crying with no reason. But once we're out from the clinic, she's all fine.
Last year December, she got mild HFM. We brought her to Adventist hospital - it's opened during Christmas weekend, surprisingly. Again, when we were called into the room to take her height and weight, she started screaming and crying. When we came out to the play area with children slide, she's all fine, until we're called into doctor's clinic again and my little girl started screaming again. Worst, when she slept at night, she'll have nightmare and screaming "No... dun want...." Poor girl....!
*Sigh*....!
During CNY, she started coughing. We brought her to normal GP for some medication but it didn't improve so we decided to go back to Adventist. Few days before we went, I kept telling her, see doctor no pain pain one, so no cry cry ok? She just looked at me - I wonder if she really knows what I was telling her during then.
To my surprise, when we brought her there, she didn't cry. I was very happy. And when doctor asked her to open her mouth to check, she quietly obliged. *Grin*... And I kept praising her telling her that she's such a good girl. The doctor gave her an Angry Bird sticker and she was so happy. She waved good bye to the doctor while we left the clinic.
We had to go back quite often as her cough prolonged to almost two months. Everytime before we were going, I told her the same thing "see doctor no pain pain one, so no cry cry"... she will lift up her shirt and put her hand on her stomach, and tell me "doctor check check check.... (checking using stethoscope) then open mouth... ahhhh.... then no more..." *Grin again*. Once when we went back, we even let her sit on the chair herself to let the doctor check. She could do it by herself and oblige to whatever the doctor told her to do - open mouth, turn to let the doctor check her back, etc etc. No crying. :)
She also had to do one nebulizer treatment - no crying at all! I kept praising her.
Few weeks ago, she had mild fever at 38 degrees. It's always at 38 degrees, for 4 days continuously, and there're some rashes on her legs. We brought her to Adventist again and doctor confirmed it's not HFM, but need to do a blood test to confirm it's not dengue.
Blood test!! *Dangggggg*.... My heart sunk... EG asked, how are u doing to draw her blood? Doc said, we have to wrap her up. My tears were almost coming out. It reminded me of her Roseola episode in her 8th month. Well, you can swaddle an 8th month old baby, but a 2-year-old? *Sigh*... My innocent girl was still looking at doctor and us wondering what's going on.
The nurses took us to the procedure room, and we told Eunice everything is going to be ok, we're going to be near her. When the nurses wrapped her up, she made some unhappy noise and EG held her hand and told her it's OK. The nurses gave her a sticker to distract her, and I showed her the video of her singing ABC that I just took few days ago. While doctor poke her to get the blood, she was still looking at the video. The nurses also talked to her to distract her. No, no crying. In <3 mins, all done. And we picked her up.
I was so proud of her. I kept telling her that she's such a brave girl and a good girl. The nurse gave her a bunny sticker to stick on her hand, and she was still all happy about it.
*Phew*.... EG said our daughter is more brave than her mother, me. :P
Anyway, I think my little girl has really grown up. I am really so proud of her. :)
Btw, the blood test shows no dengue and just some normal viral fever - my little angel was all ok after 1-2 days. :)
Tuesday, April 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment