Some asked me, how do you feel carrying extra weight in front of you? Well, in fact, it doesn't happen suddenly, it happens slowly and somehow the body just have the way to cope with the extra weight as the baby grows inside.
I have finally crossed into my 3rd trimester. In my 2nd trimester, I was living as usual, eating as usual, sleeping as usual and watching tv as usual. I can walk in shopping malls for the whole morning. And I even walked in Midvalley for almost 6 hours just with a bottle of mineral water, and continued my shopping in SS2, and went for dinner @ Klang all the way till mid night. Even my parents in law were shocked that I'm still able to have so much energy to go out and walk so much.
Some said classical music helps in baby's intellectual development but I think my baby doesn't like it. :P... I can feel her moving restlessly inside me when I on the music for her. But, when her daddy-to-be plays his guitar, Oh well, you can feel her dancing inside. So, EG always says baby likes his songs too, esp. John Mayer's. :P
How's baby doing?
We went for checkup on my 28th week. Baby has grown from previous 714gm to 1.3kg!... Dr Karen mentioned that it's of normal size - not too big, not too small, just nice. And very luckily, we are able to see quite a clear face profile of our little angel... from the ultrasound, she looks like she has square chubby face - like her dad, big eyes and very obviously - thick lips. Hehehe...! I was telling EG i think our little one looks like him as her face is not small... EG was so touched during the ultrasound that he couldn't help to hold my hands during the ultrasound. :).
And I have to start going seeing Dr Karen every 2 weeks. That means I can see baby every 2 weeks too... :). On the 30th week, our baby has again put on another 470gm and her weight now is 1.77kg! Again, Dr Karen said the weight is just nice, and by the time when I need to deliver, the baby should be 3kg+. This round, baby is actively moving during the ultrasound and she could put her feet right in front of her face... Gosh! That's really flexible but Dr Karen said that's baby's favorite position. And again, we saw her thick lips, and we can see her yawning inside by opening and closing her mouth. So cute! Now, baby's head has already turned down but she has yet locked in.
How's mummy doing?
As I crossed into 3rd trimester, I noticed the major changes in me. I did read in magazines & internet that in 3rd trimester, mummy will feel extra lethargic. But I didn't expect it to be THAT tired. On my 30th week onwards, I feel dizzy almost at all time, and I couldn't move after work. So I stopped cooking dinner for almost a week as all I could do is only lying on sofa and watch tv or sleep.
As engineers, as usual, we tried to find out the root cause of me feeling so tired suddenly. The changes are too drastic. After a while, I found out eating IKO biscuit during tea time is not enough for me anymore. I felt better if I feed myself (& baby) with bread or something heavier. :P.
My fingers and feet started swelling and I couldn't wear my wedding ring anymore. :(... And I have problems walking in the morning as the feet swell and I feel tinge of pain when I stand up from my bed. I couldn't hold my fists tightly, and when I press my finger joints, I can feel a tinge of soreness & pain. It's all due to water retention that cause the swelling and apparently, there's nothing that I can do about it.
As my tummy grows bigger, I also have problem sleeping ad certain position makes me feel breathless. It took me a while to find a right position for me to have a good night sleep.
It's really not easy to be a mother. Even EG sympathizes me for having to go through all these and there's nothing that he can do to help me except helping me to do the house chores, cut my toe nails (I can't bend anymore), and massage my legs to prevent cramps at night. But thank God, I just have to bear for another 2 months! :)
How's daddy doing?
The daddy-to-be doesn't want his little one to be too big size which might cause complication during delivery later (since I'm not big size), nor he wants his wife, i.e. me, to put on too much weight. So, again, he watches my food, and instead of letting me eating bread or other carbo food, he bought granola bars for me to eat during tea time. How sweet! :)
Baby has been moving very very actively since I enter 3rd trimester. Daddy is very excited as she responded to his calls almost everytime. Even if he just puts his hand on my tummy, and call her "Baby..." a few times and waits for few minutes, baby will then give him a few kicks. It doesn't happen when others put their hands on my tummy!
Both of us couldn't wait for the arrival of our little angel. We are not afraid of taking care of baby, but we're more worried about what would happen during delivery as we can't possibly plan this as we'd never know what to expect on that day!
But I believe, that day will be a real exciting day! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment