On my 17th week, I felt like there were a lot of gas in my tummy. And I thought there were some movements in the tummy. At first I thought it was due to some indigestion since being pregnant, it's common that the hormone slows down the digestion and cause constipation and I thought it caused this indigestion as well.
However, later I realised, there couldn't be so much gas in my tummy! I can feel it like almost 2-3 times a day. The movement got more and more vigorous and I realised after 2 days that it's the little one doing her somersault inside me..! =)
At first, EG wasn't convinced that it's our little one's movement, but later on I can feel it more and more. I tend to stroke my tummy everytime when she moves, I told EG - that is a sign for me to show that I sayang her... After a few weeks, her kicks got stronger and EG can feel it occasionally. There was once where we woke up later in the morning on a Saturday, and I put my bulging tummy against EG's back and our dear baby actually gave her daddy a few strong kicks!
When I told my gynae this during my checkup, she commented that it's rather early for me to feel the baby's movement in the 17th week as normally others will feel it only on the 20th weeks onwards. Guess my little one is definitely an active & mischievous one!
There was a time when EG was talking and touching my tummy to feel his baby's movement, he asked me why is my tummy senget with a hard bulge on my right side. When I touched it, I felt some real hard thing on the right side of my tummy. I seriously didn't know what was that initially but after a few strokes on the tummy, the bulge went off! How cute! We thought it was either the head or the bum that was bulging out. EG actually commented that maybe the little one thought there wasn't enough space inside me and hence she's moving a lot to get more space...!
As time goes, our baby's movement slowly changed from kicking & quickening to rolling. As I enter my 3rd trimester now, she has been rolling a lot and we can see either her elbow or knee bulge out on my tummy and rolled across from left to right, or from up to down. I like to lift up my shirt at night and let both me and EG watch the "show" my baby is showing at night. EG likes to kiss my tummy and talk to her every night before he sleeps and amazingly, everytime when he calls her, she'll response by having a few kicks - like she knows that her daddy is around..!
Many said that baby would recognise parents' voices if you talk to them often. And parents' voices will soothe them every time they cry. If that's true, I guess my little one will definitely be a daddy's girl next time! =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment