Finally, I have crossed my first trimester.
There were so much worries and fears inside me during the first trimester as it's the first three months where the most dramatic changes and crucial development occur to the baby. I tried to stay relax and calm, and pray everytime when I feel the fear. And it helps a lot especially when EG has been very supportive and keep comforting me, especially by telling me lots of jokes to make me laugh and feel happy everyday - at least to release my stress inside me.
During our 4th visit to Dr Karen, she already can tell us the gender. I couldn't forget how she put it when she showed us our baby in the ultrasound and telling us.. "See, it looks flattish and nothing-ish..". When I shared with my friends, some of them actually felt offended to have the doctor telling it that way but we were perfectly OK - thought maybe the doctor was just trying to be funny. =) ... And as usual, she moves again and this time, Dr Karen actually commented that she moves extra as compared to other babies! Let's just hope that she won't be too naughty later. =)
Anyway, for me, my first response was slightly disappointed - Chinese traditional thinking kicked in. However, EG has reminded me to guard my emotion so that my baby doesn't feel rejected. Our baby is a gift from God and we should treasure her regardless of the gender. So I brushed off my negative thoughts and started to think of everything that I could do for my little princess. As for EG, he's just excited. He couldn't stop grinning from ear to ear after seeing his little precious one grows well inside me. And I knew he always has something for little girl and when we left the hospital, straight away he told me, "We'll call her Eunice... ".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment