I know they said when the sperm and the ovum meet, it's already called a life.
But for us, when we first saw the heartbeat of our baby - that's when I was finally convinced that I'm pregnant - carrying a life inside me!
Many friends shared how they were touched and teared when they first saw the heartbeat of their little one inside them during Ultrasound. For EG and I, it was another funny experience.
I was supposed to go for my checkup in my 9th week but we went earlier because EG is going for biz trip in US for 3 weeks. We went and visited our gynae again on the 7th week - just 2 weeks after the first visit. I just wanted to make sure that the 7mm dot grew to make sure that's the right dot - with no other expectation as I heard the heartbeat will normally come between the 8th week to 10th week.
So, as usual, when Dr Karen did the ultrasound, and she told me: "OK, your pregnancy has grown to 10mm now... And from the size, you're now 7th week and your EDD should be on 22nd Feb next year..... ". And I was thinking in my heart - Oh.. that's after Chinese New Year - so it'll be either a little tiger or tigress. And she continued... " And see that blinking stuff.. that's your baby's heartbeat.."
DANG....!
It took a while for me to process her words. EG responded faster than me (unusually) and said:"Huh..?! So fast got heartbeat?!"
I... dunno how to explain my feeling. I was very happy of course as I have heard many cases where some couldn't make it as there wasn't any heartbeat or growth after 10th weeks. And I was relieved and just couldn't stop thanking God for His blessing and protection though I have broken all the pantang larang where the older generations have warned me about (we were moving house - and it's quite impossible to not to do all the moving / drilling / nailing / etc).
Only at this point I finally convinced myself that I'm going to be a mummy! =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment