... Our Wonderful Journey to Parenthood ...


Thursday, November 5, 2009

Changes

Despite all the normal physical changes that I had during pregnancy in early stage, I don't have major problems like what's described in magazines or shown in tv. Except that I was having bad nausea during the first few weeks - and I thought life was meaningless then.

Almost all food didn't taste nice, but I felt constantly hungry. When I was hungry, the nausea feeling got worse, and I feel like eating - nothing! That was really irritating and frustrating. A friend once shared with me that we should enjoy our pregnancy journey as modern people these days only will get pregnant 2 to 3 times in their lifetime - and I thought it was very true. However, at that time, I seriously had no idea how to enjoy my pregnancy.

Thank God for friends. Two friends who are now mummies gave me a good website to track on my pregnancy - Babycenter, and gave me a suggestion to buy ginger biscuits to chew on when I feel nausea. My mum bought organic biscuits, raisins and milk from Miri and spent almost RM20 on postage to send to me to make sure I'm eating something as I told her I was too tired to go buy anything after work, or during weekends. From Babycenter, I read the citrus fruits like oranges and green apples help to improve nausea so I make sure I eat 1 orange and 1 green apple a day.

And thank God, this nightmare is over after a week. And this one week felt like forever...! After that, except for steam fish and vegetables, I was OK with any food that you serve me with. The only thing that I really need in my daily life was sleep. I would head to bed at 10pm and slept all the way till 7am. During weekend, I could sleep for 12 hours.

Physically, I was able to hide my pregnancy up till 4 months. No one in office actually notice that I'm pregnant. But I did notice that my waistline has gotten thicker and I don't look good in any picture anymore as there isn't anymore curvy shape! It was a bit depressing. And I can't fit in my beloved Levi's jeans anymore. All I could wear are those skirts that used to hang on my butt - which later became mini skirts as my tummy grew.

Many asked me how I was doing and my answer is always the same - "Just like normal". In fact, I have never vomitted. Many said I'm really lucky and blessed to have such an easy pregnancy. However, I told EG that it's a blessing from God as He knows that we're all alone in this island, with no family members or relatives nearby who can cook nutritious food for me. I'd need to cook it for myself if I want to eat any nice nutritious food, except if I go back EG's hometown every month. And we might not be able to handle it if I were to have bad morning sickness.

So, I make sure I eat as much as I can to make sure I'm well fed and healthy. My doctor told me not to worry about cholesterol at all as baby will need it to grow - it was like the best news that I have ever heard in my life and since then, I have eggs almost everyday in my meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Mamabeh

If getting married is a big decision in one's life, having children is a even bigger milestone in life! Having a life growing inside not only change us physically, mentally & our daily life routines, but it's also amazing that how we have grown closer to move forward for the new life ahead of us.

Eunice's Growth

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers


Day 1 @ 0 mth @ 3.28kg, 50cm
Wk 5 @ 1 mth @ 4.80kg, 51cm
Wk 9 @ 2 mth @ 5.60kg, 52cm
Wk 14 @ 3 mth @ 6.55kg, 57cm
Wk 17 @ 4 mth @ 6.90kg, 61cm
Wk 21 @ 5 mth @ 7.40kg, 62cm
Wk 26 @ 6 mth @ 7.70kg, 64cm
Wk 30 @ 7 mth @ 8.10kg, 67cm
Wk35 @ 8 mth @ 8.30kg, 68cm
Wk40 @ 9 mth @ 8.50kg, 70cm
12 months @ 9kg, 70cm
13 months @ 9.35kg, 74cm
14.5 months @ 9.4kg, 74cm
17 months @ 9.9kg, 74cm
18.5 months @ 10.4kg, 77cm
2 yrs @ 11.5kg, 84cm
2 yrs 5 mth @ 11.9kg, 85cm
2 yrs 8 mth @ 12.2kg, 86.5cm
4 yrs 9 mth @ 17kg

Natalie's Growth

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Day 1 @ 0 mth @ 3.36kg, 51cm
Wk 5 @ 1 mth @ 4.70kg, 55cm
Wk 10 @ 2 mth @ 5.82kg, 57cm
Wk13 @ 3 mth @ 6.40kg, 59cm
Wk18 @ 4 mth @ 6.82kg, 61.5cm
Wk23 @ 5 mth @ 7.13kg, 65cm
Wk29 @ 6 mth @ 7.60kg, 66cm
12.5 mth @ 8.64kg, 70cm
13.5 mth @ 8.86kg, 70cm
18 mth @ 9.20kg, 76cm
2 yrs 1 mth @ 11.3kg, 83.5cm
2 yrs 2 mth @ 12kg

Pageviews Last Week

Popular Posts

Nuffnang Ads

Google Analytics