One of the many joyful moments to be married to EG is that we always have many "funny" and memorable first time together. And we can talk and laugh about it for years.
This is another first time experience for us.
I missed my menstrual for 2 weeks and I have decided to buy the test pregnancy kit to test it - when EG was not at home. I used the test pregnancy kit and saw 2 lines in the result. I read the instructions many times to make sure I did it correctly. At that point of time, I was happy. I took a picture of the test result, MMS to EG. He replied and asked me: "What does that mean?". I replied: "1 line means negative, 2 lines means positive. How many line did you see?".
Next, he called back, laughing at the other end of the phone, reconfirming and asking me: "You really kena already?" And I told him... "I think so...". While he's back, I can hear him laughing when he came down from his car going into the house. I asked him if that means he's very happy, and he told me: "Have you seen people laughing and later on cry?"...
At night, when we talked about it, we realised we had no idea what's in front of us. That really made us panic. And I have read and heard so many cases of miscarriages, and it made me even more worried and depressed at times (which might be caused by the hormonal changes as well). We prayed together on that night.
To confirm the pregnancy, we booked an appointment with one recommended gynae @ Island Hospital. During the ultrasound, the doctor told me: "See the dot? That's your pregnancy. And it's now 7mm in length..". To tell you the truth, I was in great doubt and wanted to ask her, "There are so many dots around, are you sure that's the right dot?!" But of course I didn't.
Negative thoughts keep coming into my head and blame it all on the hormonal change! EG wasn't helping much as he had his own struggles to go through for this new stage in life. Both of us were adjusting esp. mentally to even predict what's going to happen next, and in the end we just got more stressed out!
Of course we informed our parents about this. And next I shared the "secret" with my girlfriends in KL and a few close friends from church - getting them to pray for me as it's the only thing that can help me at that time. We thank God for EPCC where our church always provides help when we need it. We also met up with our Family First pastor (who in charge of all family matters in church) and had a 1-1 session with a doctor from our church - and those sessions help A LOT when we know more about pregnancy.
Anyway, I was still in a panic mode and kept sending emails to my girlfriends in KL for more information or their experiences. And I have been praying and praying that everything will just go fine.
And it did. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment