... Our Wonderful Journey to Parenthood ...


Friday, March 26, 2010

Temporary Fulltime Mum

It has been two weeks that I have been taking care of Eunice myself in the day time during weekdays when EG goes work. And when he's back, he'll help to carry Eunice when she fusses, buy food for me and do the housework when I'm tied up with Eunice.

So, many asked - how's it?

The answer is - it's VERY TIRING!

My everyday's job now is - feed, burp, change diapers (oh god!), bathe, carry when she fuss. Everyday feels so short now esp. at night coz I need to battle with her to make her sleep.

What do I dread to do?
Bathe her. It's not easy to bathe a baby esp. when she fusses. Thank God that most of the time she's still ok but it's a BIG TASK to bathe her. Everytime after I bathe her, I'll be sweating like nobody's business. Since now she still can't hold her head up, I'll have to carry her and support her to bathe her to make sure she doesn't fall inside her bath tub. And I need to talk to her when bathing her then only she'll be quiet. Another challenge is this little naughty girl will suddenly poo or pee after bathe and dirty the towel, new diaper, and sometimes the floor or bedsheet (coz I wipe her on my bed on the changing mat so that it's not so taxing on my back). That's really a disaster! But then again, I think babies like bathing in general...

What do I scared to do the most?
Changing her diaper. Baby won't tell you that they are going to pass motion, they just DO IT. That's the scary part. I kena few times with her poo on me when she poo together with gas! My Gosh..! The stain needs to be cleaned & scrubbed off seperately before throwing into washing machine to make sure there's no yellow stain on the clothes. I tried to make it fast but there are a few steps that I'll need to do before changing a new diaper - wipe off, make sure it's really clean, dry the pat-pat, put on some cream to prevent diaper rash, wear the new diaper. Between this, accident happens. Many times she'll just poo and dirty either the new diaper or the changing station, or the towel. Argh....

What do I can't do well?
I can't burp her well. I still can't though I have been trying to learn that from my MIL, EG's aunties, nurses from Columbia Asia, and the pead himself from Island. But I still can't burp her well. The success rate is only 50%. =.=! I seriously need more help in this...

What do I hate to do?
Sleep her. Everyday is like a gamble. I'm seriously not sure how she's going to fall asleep everynight. I just pray that she'll just doze off herself by 11pm without fussing too much! When she fuss, I have to carry her and walk around the room for hours to make her sleep. Sometimes I'm so sleepy that I just close my eyes while walking to take a rest. I'm still trying many ways to see which one works to make her sleep comfortably. So far I think swaddling her half body with two arms out help to make her sleep better. Will observe more and see. :P

What do I like the most?
When she plays with herself. She really looks like the cutest angel when she plays with herself in the playpen or cot. She's calm and just looking around in her playpen / cot quietly like she's trying to find out what's around her. And during then, I'll just call her and talk to her a bit, and continue my web surfing or do some housework or even cook some simple dinner..!

Another gesture that I love to see the most is when Eunice starts to make the rushing sound, I know she's asking for feed. (If I don't get her cue, she'll end up crying loud with tears...) And when I pull up my shirt, you'll see her very cute anticipating face waiting for u to feed her. It's really very cute. And sometimes when she fusses, I'll carry her and she'll start turning her head to my breast and knocking her face on my breast - then I get the cue - she wants to be fed. It's very funny to see her acting in that way - it makes me laugh everytime. :P

Overall, it's a very "special" experience to be a fulltime mother at home now. But it's seriously very tiring. Sometimes Eunice will fuss so much that I can't even go to toilet (when I'm alone at home). Weekend is slightly more relaxing as EG will be at home to at least help to carry her so that I can eat / go toilet / bathe. And now, I really can't wait to go back office to work as at least I can go out for lunch and have a break from all the feeding / changing diaper duties... (OK, I know I'm not a very good mum)

But then again, the thought of sending her to babysitter also aches my heart (and EG's) as I wonder if the babysitter will pay so much attention to her esp. if she fusses. Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Mamabeh

If getting married is a big decision in one's life, having children is a even bigger milestone in life! Having a life growing inside not only change us physically, mentally & our daily life routines, but it's also amazing that how we have grown closer to move forward for the new life ahead of us.

Eunice's Growth

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers


Day 1 @ 0 mth @ 3.28kg, 50cm
Wk 5 @ 1 mth @ 4.80kg, 51cm
Wk 9 @ 2 mth @ 5.60kg, 52cm
Wk 14 @ 3 mth @ 6.55kg, 57cm
Wk 17 @ 4 mth @ 6.90kg, 61cm
Wk 21 @ 5 mth @ 7.40kg, 62cm
Wk 26 @ 6 mth @ 7.70kg, 64cm
Wk 30 @ 7 mth @ 8.10kg, 67cm
Wk35 @ 8 mth @ 8.30kg, 68cm
Wk40 @ 9 mth @ 8.50kg, 70cm
12 months @ 9kg, 70cm
13 months @ 9.35kg, 74cm
14.5 months @ 9.4kg, 74cm
17 months @ 9.9kg, 74cm
18.5 months @ 10.4kg, 77cm
2 yrs @ 11.5kg, 84cm
2 yrs 5 mth @ 11.9kg, 85cm
2 yrs 8 mth @ 12.2kg, 86.5cm
4 yrs 9 mth @ 17kg

Natalie's Growth

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Day 1 @ 0 mth @ 3.36kg, 51cm
Wk 5 @ 1 mth @ 4.70kg, 55cm
Wk 10 @ 2 mth @ 5.82kg, 57cm
Wk13 @ 3 mth @ 6.40kg, 59cm
Wk18 @ 4 mth @ 6.82kg, 61.5cm
Wk23 @ 5 mth @ 7.13kg, 65cm
Wk29 @ 6 mth @ 7.60kg, 66cm
12.5 mth @ 8.64kg, 70cm
13.5 mth @ 8.86kg, 70cm
18 mth @ 9.20kg, 76cm
2 yrs 1 mth @ 11.3kg, 83.5cm
2 yrs 2 mth @ 12kg

Pageviews Last Week

Popular Posts

Nuffnang Ads

Google Analytics