... Our Wonderful Journey to Parenthood ...


Friday, March 5, 2010

Postnatal depression

Definition for Postnatal Depression:

Postpartum depression (PPD), also called postnatal depression, is a form of clinical depression which can affect women, and less frequently men, after childbirth. ... Symptoms include sadness, fatigue, insomnia, appetite changes, reduced libido, crying episodes, anxiety, and irritability. Current data suggests that 5 to 9 percent of women will develop postpartum depression, but less than one in five of these women will seek professional help. .... Studies tend to show that more likely causes are the significant changes in a woman's hormones during pregnancy. On the other hand, hormonal treatment has not helped postpartum depression victims. Many women recover because of a support group or counseling.

I think I'm overwhelmed by the new role as Mother now and I have slight postnatal depression.

I cried very easily these days and my tears can just drop with no control. With EG working in PG now and me alone in Taiping with his family, it makes things worse. I cried so many times before he went back to Penang, and so unlike me, I actually asked him to stay back though I know he has already taken 2 weeks off to accompany me during my maternity and this will definitely affect his job performance.

Anything that goes wrong with Eunice, I'll start crying. But really I thank God for friends around who has told me to call up if I need help... I could call up friends to check with them if all the "problems" that I'm having with Eunice are normal, and I could just cry over the phone. I know it might sound funny if I were to read this post back after many years but I just couldn't help the sadness and helplessness in me - what more for me having the first child with no experience and what-so-ever.

Anyway, I'm dying to go back to Penang and live in my own house with EG & Eunice. I started to hate the confinement food and hate the confinement thing. I couldn't stop complaining and it makes me feel even more depressed. I have to keep staying positive for another week until this stupid confinement is OVER and then I can have a nice bath many times a day, drink cold drinks many cups a day, and eat anything that I like to freshen myself and attend to my little bundle of joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Mamabeh

If getting married is a big decision in one's life, having children is a even bigger milestone in life! Having a life growing inside not only change us physically, mentally & our daily life routines, but it's also amazing that how we have grown closer to move forward for the new life ahead of us.

Eunice's Growth

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers


Day 1 @ 0 mth @ 3.28kg, 50cm
Wk 5 @ 1 mth @ 4.80kg, 51cm
Wk 9 @ 2 mth @ 5.60kg, 52cm
Wk 14 @ 3 mth @ 6.55kg, 57cm
Wk 17 @ 4 mth @ 6.90kg, 61cm
Wk 21 @ 5 mth @ 7.40kg, 62cm
Wk 26 @ 6 mth @ 7.70kg, 64cm
Wk 30 @ 7 mth @ 8.10kg, 67cm
Wk35 @ 8 mth @ 8.30kg, 68cm
Wk40 @ 9 mth @ 8.50kg, 70cm
12 months @ 9kg, 70cm
13 months @ 9.35kg, 74cm
14.5 months @ 9.4kg, 74cm
17 months @ 9.9kg, 74cm
18.5 months @ 10.4kg, 77cm
2 yrs @ 11.5kg, 84cm
2 yrs 5 mth @ 11.9kg, 85cm
2 yrs 8 mth @ 12.2kg, 86.5cm
4 yrs 9 mth @ 17kg

Natalie's Growth

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Day 1 @ 0 mth @ 3.36kg, 51cm
Wk 5 @ 1 mth @ 4.70kg, 55cm
Wk 10 @ 2 mth @ 5.82kg, 57cm
Wk13 @ 3 mth @ 6.40kg, 59cm
Wk18 @ 4 mth @ 6.82kg, 61.5cm
Wk23 @ 5 mth @ 7.13kg, 65cm
Wk29 @ 6 mth @ 7.60kg, 66cm
12.5 mth @ 8.64kg, 70cm
13.5 mth @ 8.86kg, 70cm
18 mth @ 9.20kg, 76cm
2 yrs 1 mth @ 11.3kg, 83.5cm
2 yrs 2 mth @ 12kg

Pageviews Last Week

Popular Posts

Nuffnang Ads

Google Analytics