Many friends are checking on me through facebook, email, sms and etc to see if baby has greeted the world. Ahh... it makes me feel nervous too...
For the last 2 weeks, there are many changes happened to me, mainly physical.
1. I developed trigger finger on my right thumb on my 36th week of pregnancy. It clicks when I try to bend my thumb. Sometimes in the morning, I can't bend it down until maybe noon? And now, as when I'm writing this, I couldn't bend it down yet. Ah well I can if I put some force on it but it hurts.
2. My wrist pain also surfaced on my 37th week of pregnancy. I googled up in internet and found that it's called Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and this is quite common among pregnant ladies. Though EG has been scolding me for playing too much Bejeweled Blitz (:P), however, I still check with Dr Karen and she said that whatever changes that happen to me now, they will assume it's due to pregnancy, and expect things to return to its normal state 6 weeks after delivery. However, if it doesn't, then I'll need to seek for medication or diagnose. :(
3. I know pregnant ladies tend to be very hot but I didn't expect it to be SO HOT. During weekends, I'll bathe easily 3-4 times a day as I sweat like crazy. So now, i'll hide in the study room with air-cond on so that I don't feel so hot, and I set the timer for the air-cond in my room to on longer so that I won't wake up with sweaty body. Good luck to my electricity bill this month then. :P
The trigger finger doesn't really give me much problem - i mean we still can do a lot of things with a straight thumb :P (maybe only when I'm trying to type sms at my phone) but the wrist pain does. I mean, we do turn our wrist when doing the smallest thing like wearing pants after toilet, filling up water bottle, cleaning the plates, tying up plastic bags. Sometimes I might just scream (in my heart laa) when my wrist suddenly locked by itself when I accidentally turned them. But there's nothing that I can do now. Only pray that things will get better after delivery. :)
I'm now in my 38th week - waiting anxiously and counting days and wondering when is baby coming to meet us and to greet the world. There were signs of delivery - but too bad they were all false labor signs. Argh... I had loose bowel for the last 2 days and can feel the period-pain like contractions since then but the patterns are irregular so I still can't go in for labor yet.
Dr Karen told me to walk more and it'll help baby to go lower and hence labor. Since EG is never free to bring me for any walk in park, and going to shopping malls after work is out of the question, so I've been walking up and down in my own house while watching tv. I hope it helps.
Last night, in fact I had contractions from 3am to 4.30am. And I was looking at the time everytime the contractions came. However, after 4.30am, I fell asleep and woke up only at 7am. My naughty baby is playing with me I guess. Gahh... I thought her birthday will be on the 9th Feb. :P
Anyway, I shall just be patient and wait upon God's timing. I really hope that our lovely baby will come out soon to greet everyone. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment