I went for the weekly checkup. Today i'm in my 38th week, entering my 39th week next week. Though baby has been showing some signs for labor but there weren't any regular patterns and I can't go hospital for labor yet.
Dr Karen actually said that I was having contraction, but funny thing is I don't feel much pain. Just occasionally some period-pain like cramp, which will go away in maybe 1-2 hours. :(... I hope the pain will just last for 3-4 hours so that I can go into labor soon and meet my baby but it doesn't happen. Guess my baby wants to enjoy CNY Cookies before meeting us then. :P
I asked Dr Karen if I'm having contraction then why I'm not feeling any pain. Well, she actually thinks that I have high pain treshold and even commented that if that's true, I can afford to have many children. I wanted to tell her that it's expensive to have babies these days... :P
We wanted to ask for induction for a more predictable delivery for easier planning. However, DR Karen doesn't really encourage it though she doesn't strongly discourage it as well. After talking to many friends, they told me that normally induction is more painful (since you're artificially forcing the uterus to contract when every part of your body is not ready yet) and in most cases they might lead to some complications that will then lead to c-sect. As such, EG and I have decided to drop the idea of induction and just let baby take her own sweet time to decide when she wanna meet us. :)
Baby's weight now is 3.1kg as of today's checkup. I think I'm now kinda relieve that baby is above 3kg. Previously she was around 2.6kg and didn't gain any weight after 2 weeks. I know smaller babies are easier for delivery, but it also means harder to take care since they are so small. With 3.1kg i think it's just nice. :)
So everynight I'm counting down the days and thinking if baby is coming today, but wake up with disappointments when there's nothing happening. Guess I'll just have to relax and like the daddy said, let baby takes her time, and let God decide the timing. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment